Normal Ro/Di

kragon

I have a 50 gpd rodi coralife unit and i have been setting it up for about two weeks but it only seems that it makes 15 gallons per day is this normal to become so low or is there something wrong.

tektite

I'd check what operating pressure the RO/DI unit needs, and what your water supply is. I am having the same problem, because my city's water is ~40 psi and my unit needs ~65 psi.

Vulf

Where would you get a booster pump? And what exactly is it? I mean, it's not like a power head is it? :B

degibson84

a booster pump will increase your water pressure and you can find them anywhere you can purchase an RO/DI unit

chipmunkofdoom2

Many RO/DI units are like that. A reservoir (like a 55 gallon trashcan) is an excellent place to store water. When that gets low, just let your RO/DI run for a few days, or plumb in a float switch at the top so the unit gets shut off when the can is full and turns on when you use water. As long as it's making 0ppm (or low ppm like 1-3) then your water pressure may be low, but still acceptable.

BLAKEJOHN

Same problem here. My water pressure is only 30psi at best. I just purchased a booster pump for my RO/DI from Air, Water and Ice for $129. It should be here thursday. With the low PSI It takes about
2 days to make 35 gallons and it is a 50gpd unit.

BLAKEJOHN

tHIS ENTIRE HOBBY CAN BE EXPENSIVE. iT IS SMETHING WE ALL KNOW GETTING INTO IT. aND WE JUST GET USED TO PAYING THE PRICE..