Search results

1. Hornet

Any Bluespot Deals?

I'd like to add a bluespot to my tank but I'm wondering if I can do better than the $150 I'm seeing on BlueZoo and Live Aquaria. I'd prefer to buy local but I've checked a few LFS's around me and nobody currently has one. Has anybody seen and online retailer with a deal? Sadly I missed...
  2. Hornet

QT & Biowheel?

I'm slowly getting my new tank going and I'm trying to work out the details on my QT. My DT is a 150 gal. w/40 gal sump. I have a 29 gal left-over from freshwater that I want to use for QT (never used copper). Can I use the biowheel that I already have for filteration on the QT? If so...
  3. Hornet

Calling all master reef plumbers! Confused noob inside.

I need some help plumbing my system. The picture on the left shows the flow from my 1500gph overflow (two 1.5" drains) down to my sump and back through two 1"returns in the back glass. I realized that I drilled those returns a little to low. I'd rather not spend the cash on anti siphon...
  4. Hornet

Plumbing question, nylon tubing

I'm finally getting up nerve to start plumbing my system. The more I plan the more :confused: I get. I purchased a used OM-4way and the guy I got it from also threw in some plumbing he was using. There are barbed 1" fittings attached to the 4-way. I'm thinking of ordering some Braided...
  5. Hornet

Got TDS for my water, Now what

I'm getting ready to buy an RODI so I went ahead and picked up an TDS meter to check my water out before hand. My TDS is 122. I know I want 0 TDS out of my RODI but I'm not sure if 122 source is real bad or not. Anything special I need to consider in getting a RODI unit considering my TDS...
  6. Hornet

Anybody use RO for drinking?

I think I already know the answer to this but wtf I'll ask anyway I currently have a water cooler in my house that we use for drinking water. I get a delivery from Deer Park once a month that usually costs me around $25. I know some people say all water tastes the same but I can't stand...
  7. Hornet

Hornet's 150 gal piece of the Ocean

Ok, I'm no where close to my tank being even remotely considered a piece of the ocean, but this is where it all starts for me. I've been quietly following a few of the chronicles here so I decided to start tracking my sloowwwwww build. So hopefully in a few months I can look back and and find...
  8. Hornet

Fixture or Canopy

If you were doing a new build would you go with a fixture or put your lighting in a canopy? Reason I'm asking is I'm about to build a stand and I keep going back and forth on if I want a canopy or just a fixture that sets on top of the tank.
  9. Hornet

Hi Everybody

I've been lurking around on the forum for a little bit and decided to finally make my first post. So far I've been enjoying and picking up tips from some of the Build threads. Currently I have a 55 gal boringwater tank and I just picked up my 150 gal 48"x24"x30" tank yesterday. I like the...