Search results

1. tommyp

Anybody use rancos?

Going away for a bit and my aquacntroller is being a little flakey I bought a ranco to replace it. I was wondering if people water-proof the probe? Anybody got a ranco? tom
  2. tommyp

chromis spawn?

I have a chromis that is rubbing its belly on the back wall of my aquarium. going in circles. I have 5 chromis in my tank and every 30 secs or so another will come over and swim in contact with it in circles than swim away. Its pretty crazy. I'll try to take a video on the dig cam. Tom
  3. tommyp

ooopppseeee

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/aquariumweights.html
  4. tommyp

aquacontroller 3 /Lumen max

anyone got one? I will probably put my jr on the market. this thing looks sweet. replacing the 2 http://www.neptunesys.com/aquaController3.htm I wonder how good the lumen max are? http://www.reefgeek.com/products/categories/lighting/104927.html
  5. tommyp

which regulator?

Trying to pick out a co2 reg. I meant reg at the top of the poll can't change it now i don't think
  6. tommyp

diy calcium reactor design help needed

Time to make my calcium reactor. I am thinking of building a version of the DJ88 reactor. http://www.melevsreef.com/dj88.html It is square split down the middle so it is both updraft and downdraft. this is my first calcium reactor but i understand how they work i just need a little help...
  7. tommyp

Cheap bulk carbon?

Does anyone know of a source for this? I was thinking that it must be cheaper outside of the aquarium trade but an not finding much. tom
  8. tommyp

reef vacuum for Bare bottom

With my bare bottom tank I am getting alot of detritus build up. What are people using to clean it out? I was thinking of buying a canister filter to do it so that I am not taking out loads of water everytime I vacuum. What does everybody use?
  9. tommyp

Ozone safe tubing

I just got an ozonizer to run on my tank. I was wondering what the deal is with ozone safe tubing? My skimmer is air pump driven so I would need to tee into the air line. but the airline is hard vinyl. I am probably going to run the ozone safe from the ozonizer to where I tee it into the hard...
  10. tommyp

Introducing.....

The new Mr and Mrs tommyp!!
  11. tommyp

New pump plumbing

So I got my sequence to work as a return. It has a 1.5" in and out. My sump on the other hand is glass and only has 2 1" holes in the bottom. would plumbing both of these into the 1.5" sequence in be too restrictive? should I go over the top with the plumbing? If I go over the top will it keep...
  12. tommyp

QT tank

Alright, This is the first time I setup a qt tank for new arrivals. I floated sponges from my ac mini in my sump for a couple weeks. I setup my 33L by filling it up with new saltwater and then did a water swap with the main tank. I punked on the ac mini and sponges. Threw a MJ900 in it and a...
  13. tommyp

wiring fans

I have 2 ac fans i want to wire on one plug. Parallel or series?
  14. tommyp

aqua c urchin for sale

I have a used aqua c that i need to get rid of. It is the urchin which is the in sump model good for up to a 75. It is complete sans pump. it used to be driven by a mag3. great little skimmer. $125 or b/o tom
  15. tommyp

How to cycle new tank.

Okay so I have my 90 in the basement with I dunno 150lbs at least of rock in it. I have a pile of 50lbs or more of dry rock as well. I have 190 gal main tank I filled it with water and salt and have it circulating. How should I go about cycling the main tank. Suggestions so far have...
  16. tommyp

Hamilton ballasts?

Anyone have their mag ballasts? I imagine a mag ballast is a mag ballast from anyone. I am going to buy a dual hqi mag from their site. Just wanted to know if their are any experiences with them? thanks tom
  17. tommyp

My New Tank

Hey here are some pics of the new tank. getting ready to bring it into the house
  18. tommyp

I'm back

Hey all, Had a Little RS hiatus for a few months. I have been spending most of my time at RC because our club board is over there. But I am done there for a bit. I am thinking of moving the club board but I don't know if its really worth it as it gets noticed by new members more on RC than...
  19. tommyp

new 90 gallon

hey all, I bought a 90 gallon tank that I am going to be setting up. was thinking about running basically a FOWLR with possibly some shrooms. Going to run a few tubes of t5 for light. I wanted to do a snowflake eel and a possibly a small valentini puffer and maybe one other fish. Do...
  20. tommyp

Qt

Hey, I know quarentine tanks have been beaten to death but i have sort of a weird setup that I need some help with. heres the story I am upgrading to a used 90 I bought in a month or three. Before I switch i am treating my 65 for red bugs. So I need to setup a new tank for my shrimp...