Search results

1. R

I Clean to Grieve

sorry for your loss. :(
  2. R

the worst has happened!

sorry to read about losses! I hope that tank gets back in shape soon. much luck and best wishes! -RY
  3. R

OT: National Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I did a search for this topic, but could not find one. So here it is. Apologies if someone already mentioned it. October is National Breast Cancer Awarenss Month. It's a tradition to go pink (wear something pink, change your website template pink, etc.) for the month. More info here...
  4. R

attn: Florida reefers...

Hey, Welcome to Central Florida! I used to go to a place in Maitland, just north of Winter Park, off of I-4 called Seven Seas. I don't remember the exact address, but you can contact them from their web site: www.sevenseasonline.com I remember that the store was clean, the livestock was...
  5. R

VOTING October '06 Photo Contest!

nice pics as usual, folks! -RY
  6. R

Another help pick my fish thread

Both good suggestions; personally I like the tangs. Get a Kole Tang; very active, peaceful, and with help keep you tank lookin' good. -RY
  7. R

Just checking in

Welcome to the Sanctuary! -RY
  8. R

Just wanted to say hi!

Hi Cody. -RY
  9. R

WTB Orlando FL area 125 gal tank

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for ya. -R
  10. R

OT~Earthquake in Gulf of Mexico

yeah, I know, Boomer...but to me, that's what makes the shirt kinda funny. Plus I know that there are people that like to collect those sorts of things. Also, wasn't sure if anyone in the gulf area on our forum would be interested in a novelty like that. :) -RY
  11. R

OT~Earthquake in Gulf of Mexico

Anyone want a shirt to commemorate the event? SHIFTING PARADIGMS Sorry if this is inappropriate. :) -RY
  12. R

Working with acrylic

Haven't worked with that thickness, but I think that would be plenty. Hope others will chime in with their opinions. -RY
  13. R

Working with acrylic

Jeez, I was just thinking about the bending corners thing! I was trying to recall the website. I think that it involved a heat gun (?) device, looks like a hair dryer, and using PVC to act as a guide in bending the plastic. I've read it can get pretty tricky, so have plenty of scrap to practice...
  14. R

getting coraline algae started

I totally agree with all previous comments and suggestions. even the warnings to be careful what you wish for! but especially the ones about being patient...young jedi! -RY
  15. R

New to the group

welcome! -RY
  16. R

Reef Tank Filtration???

I would look at the DIY plans on the net for sumps and build my own, if I were you. Better control over what you want, less expensive to do it yourself, more personal involvement and pride when it's done, more experience gained, easier than you think, or you can make it as complex as you want...
  17. R

Yep I'm A Newb!

Welcome to RS! Never used that skimmer. If I were you, I'd save up a few extra dollars and buy an AquaC Urchin or Urchin Pro. Might be a good investment down the line (very efficient and less headache with maintenance). JMHO. -RY
  18. R

Cheato???

what is "cheato"? -RY
  19. R

VOTING - May '06 Photo Contest

they all look great! good luck, folks! -RY
  20. R

Hi

Welcome! Best wishes to you and your family. -RY