attn: Florida reefers...

ReefDave

soon i will be moving to florida (orlando area, winter park to be exact) and i wanted to know how many LFS's are in the area and which ones you would recommend. i will be going to school down here and want to see whats in the area fish store-wise. any input would be helpful.

Witfull

lock up your daughters,,, lock up up your wife,,, lock up your backdoors,,,, and run for your life,,, Cause hes ReeferDave, hes fragging freak, Oi,,,Oi,,, the geeks in town,,Oi OI, amenome and clown,,,dont you frown, the triggers friend to the end, hes reeferdave~

lcstorc

Yippie!!!!!!!
I am in Cocoa and work in downtown Orlando. Please let me know if you need anything at all down here.
Are you going to UCF or somewhere else? UCF is a client of mine so I get there pretty regularly as well for work so perhaps lunch or something.
Unfortunately I know nothing about the shops in Orlando, but we have a nice but small one here in Cocoa and another larger one a bit South in Melbourne. Also one right up the street that I quit going to but they have new owners now so may give it another try. Perhaps we can explore the Orlando shops together. I am always up for an lfs trip if I am in town.

FateX8

im in melbourne and theres 3 around here (trident, nahacky's <-bad, and incredible pets) and theres thelogicalreef.com in vero or viera lol dont remember which but thats south of here and theres bigals further south near ft lauderdale,they have a huge selection not that great
theres ~5 petcos around the orlando area so if they ever have a tank sale again you have a few to choose from
not really familiar witht he orlando area since i rarely go there
i believe there is an orlando area reefers society there so you might want to hook up with them
funny thing about nahacky's, if you ever heard of the Centropyge nahackyi it was named by the owner's son
apparently he was a famous collector and discovered tons of new fish spp. but that was in the 70s i think and since then they sold the store to a new guy which isnt very good imo
their fish are sick all the time and their corals arent much better
they did finally did do some upgrading in their low light coral tanks but its still not that great
and everything is overpriced, when i first got here i bought an ocellaris for 25 there
alright well good luck in school

lcstorc

Trident is the good one I was talking about in Melbourne. Nahaky's will never see me again. The one I spend most of my time and money at is The Coral Palace in Cocoa. Small place but the owner is great. Prices a bit high but IMO worth it to support the small local guy who is honest.
May need to check out some of the others mentioned by fateX8. :)
Also of note one of the big on-line places is opening a giant shop in Ft Pierce soon. I believe it is saltwaterfish.com but would have to look to be certain. A bit of a drive but once they open for in person sales I will be making at least one trip down to check it out. Oh and there is Mr Petman in Daytona that is pretty good.

RanRoc

Hey,
Welcome to Central Florida! I used to go to a place in Maitland, just north of Winter Park, off of I-4 called Seven Seas. I don't remember the exact address, but you can contact them from their web site: www.sevenseasonline.com

I remember that the store was clean, the livestock was healthy, and the staff was pretty helpful.

Also check out The Saltwater Reef off of International Drive, corner of Kirkman and I-Drive. Take I-4 west from Winter Park and get off at the second Kirkman exit (about 10 minute drive if no traffic; exit on the left hand side). That store is newer, and the lady that operate it always seems suspicious of me, like she thinks I'm going to steal something, but the coral selection is usually in good shape.

There are also a few shops where I live in Kissimmee, but you may not want to take that drive (about 45 minutes). Let me know if you need more help.

-RY

ReefDave

thanks for all the input. the close by ones will be the most helpful....ill be moving with a condensed 70 (into a 24 aquapod) so im really only looking for a place to pick up the occasional dry good....ok so i want to buy livestock too... lynn, im going to full sail for "recording arts and entertaiment business" and billy, im only going to be there for 21 months, and them im back to the state we love to hate, my eternal homeland of NJ!

p.s. witty, by far the weirdest post....ever....

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
welome to fl!!! you will love it here...well you should unless you like digging you drive way from snow..blahh

nice post witty haha

yeah lynn i will definately be stoppin by the ft pierce one!