Another help pick my fish thread

Scouter Steve

Hey guys, I have a dilemma here. My girl got me a gift certificate for my birthday. I know, I know, I am so lucky to have her. Now I need to pick out a fish that will go with my set-up. I have a 120 gal (48x24) with 150 pounds LR, shallow sand, 40 gal sump with ASM skimmer. Fish in here now are a Metalic Foxface, 6 blue gudgeon gobies and a twin spot sand sifting goby. I also have 3 pepermint shrimp, 2 cleaner shrimp 20-25 hermits, 3 nassuris snails, 3 turbo snails, one SPS crab on my one SPS coral. Other corals are Torch, Pagoda Cup, Sinulara, Colt, Green Cup, Fiji Leather, 2 brains, a pair of mushroom rocks and a dieing Alveopora. Oh yea my green star too. I would like another fish that would be out and active a lot but not want to fight or eat anything I have already.

RanRoc

Both good suggestions; personally I like the tangs. Get a Kole Tang; very active, peaceful, and with help keep you tank lookin' good.
-RY

music man

I second the Chromis, chromis veridis blue or green. get 3 or 5 or 10?? of them for a nice school to dither around and hurt nothing.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Get a couple of Fairy Wrasses they're very active, great swimmers and peaceful, the Tangs can be temperamental.

Scouter Steve

Ok I am leaning toward the Sailfin Tang. I read that they get up to 16 inches. Is this true? If so, how long to grow that large. I don't think my 120 would be fair to a 16 inch fish. (upgrade?) But keep the ideas coming.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Scouter Steve said:
Ok I am leaning toward the Sailfin Tang. I read that they get up to 16 inches. Is this true? If so, how long to grow that large. I don't think my 120 would be fair to a 16 inch fish. (upgrade?) But keep the ideas coming.

That really depends on alot of factors but usually if you add a juvenile they never reach the size in captivity they normally would in the wild. If you really want a Tang then go with the Purple or PBT or even a Chevron. Or you can keep a pair of Blue throat Triggers.

lcstorc

I love my sailfin tang. I am worried a bit about the potential size as well, but I should have some time on that and want to upgrade anyway.
Mine is an incredibly beautiful and active fish. He is out almost all of the time and so far picks on nobody in the tank.
center_tank_sailfin_chevron_scissortail_resize.JPG

burning2nd

i would stay away from tangs, i read a lot of people crying about there tangs

i do 3rd the school of cromies.

there very active, they get along with everyone. one of them will be desighnated head controler and will be more active then all of them

besides that. my 4 even the head controler all follow the clown around

and they have this obsession with being in the picture. They alway pop in front of the cammra when im about to hit the shutter button.