Recent content by swolfe

1. S

BareBottom Club

I lost my sandbed when I moved recently, so had to go bare bottom. I thought I would hate it, but I really like it. Other than being easier to clean, I can stick my head under the stand and look up to another dimension of my tank! I'm sticking with BB!
  2. S

moving tang ?

I have a 35 gallon tank that is growing alot of Hair & turf algae. In my other tank I have a yellow tang. First question - would the tang eat those algaes and 2nd - is it too stressful for the tang to move and be in a small tank while he eats the algae? I've been thinking about putting him in...
  3. frog spawn

frog spawn

I got this nice 3 head frog spawn at the Ohio frag swap. It was a great deal @ $25! I really love this one.
  4. my 1st sps

my 1st sps

got this at the Ohio Frag Swap on 2/21. Seems to be doing great.
  5. S

Biting Clown

I have a red lip blenny that has taken a sudden dislike to me! My dear husband laughs his a@@ off when I have to put my hands in the tank. I jump 3 feet everytime he hits me & splash water everywhere. I know he's coming, but just can't help myself. :) I think I'll go for the rubber glove...
  6. Satchmo the Red Lipped Blenny

Satchmo the Red Lipped Blenny

Meet Satchmo! He's a funny little guy. He plays in the current created by the powerhead and bites me when I clean the glass.
  7. Willard & little yellow tail

Willard & little yellow tail

I've had Willard the clown for 3 years and yellow tail for 4. Yellow tail is my 1st saltwater fish.
  8. Gorgonian and BoBo the Clown

Gorgonian and BoBo the Clown

Does anyone else have a clown with incomplete markings? The stripe around BoBo's head and tail don't go completely around! He's still pretty cute. The gorgonian came from ReefTopia. It's been in the tank for about 3 months & is doing well.
  9. S

So, what do you do for a living??

I have been a Travel Agent for the last 25 years, which accounts for all my gray hair! The job has sent me to places I probably wouldn't have gone to on my own. Seem pretty boring compared to some, but it's paying the bills! jks1 , my son is at Mayport. I think he's in Harbor Ops, hates...
  10. S

Ok, Along those lines...any Tatoos out there?

I have a small Hibiscus flower just above my ankle. I wanted it to be somewhere more private, but I got it done at "The Super Bowl of Ink" a tattoo show at a hotel ballroom near our home. There wasn't any privacy & I didn't want to "go public" so..... the ankle was the next best thing. I'd...
  11. the baby tank

the baby tank

this is my 30gal tank with the babies. 2 baby clowns, some green chromis & a cute red lip blenny. also some small soft corals.
  12. S

want new carpet, don't want to move the tanks

Wow! Thanks all! Lots of good ideas. I may approach my husband with the sliding tank option. It reminds me of the time I bought the piano! "no honey, it's not very heavy: :) This will take some planning! mwranger - I like # 3 & 5! Thanks again for all the help. SWolfe PS> WoodDood -...
  13. S

want new carpet, don't want to move the tanks

I need some suggestions. I'd love to get carpet in my living room. Right now we have laminate. The problem is I'm super messy when I clean my tanks (2 in the living room) and I don't want to tear the tanks down when the carpet is installed. Any solutions? I talked to a carpet salesman &...