Recent content by Stevenmi

1. Stevenmi

Tyree green leather frags!

Very nice sized frags!!...mine is dime sized. For me it has been a very slow grower. Any Suggestions? I keep it 6" under a nova extreem 4x54w......med flow...tank is fed 3x a week with phyto and coral frenzy. Steve
  2. Stevenmi

my friend's aquarium puts me to shame :(

well...no sump...ok, no skimmer...ok, low lights...ok, but the ultra high calcium of 900 I have a very very hard time with. It would go against everything we all have known to be true. Please get some new complete test results for us...ph/alk/calc....so we can all discuss. Steve
  3. Stevenmi

Hawaii's Pride and Joy! - Load warning!

Its very hard to guage size...But I READ that clam is 3ft long x 1.5ft across!! Remember thoes fish are mature fish ie...regals are 6-9" fish WOW... Steve
  4. Stevenmi

Stevenmi's 90G Reef

My favorite....:)
  5. Stevenmi

Stevenmi's 90G Reef

Sorry its been so long on an update...crappy camera..lol
  6. Stevenmi

OT: How many of us have pets?

Thanks and Close, She is actually an Ara glaucogularis. Just love her.... Blue-throated Macaw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  7. Stevenmi

my friend's aquarium puts me to shame :(

What camera was used for the pic's excellent field of depth....very nice pictures!! Steve
  8. Stevenmi

OT: How many of us have pets?

Sigh..I just love my baby tweek....she is the best macaw in the world.. Steve
  9. Stevenmi

Another Big one !

Now that just might make a nice belt.... Steve
  10. Stevenmi

OT: Ufo's????

I find it a frikking riot that a "sasquatch" posted about seeing a UFO.....hahahahahahahahahahaha gotta love this place Steve
  11. Stevenmi

Green Coraline?

I notice the green is MUCH harder to remove from my glass...So I have to stay on top of it!! Steve
  12. Stevenmi

Could I, Should I, With a Sedra?

OK, so I have a ALS predator 2 downdraft skimmer with gate valve and run it external to the sump. I currently run this skimmer with a mag12. What I am thinking is: 1. Run this using a sedra 5000/9000 or will the back pressure kill the air intake for the needlewheel to work well? (say $120)...
  13. Stevenmi

Hey All

Welcome xawp....nice to see you here from the michigan reefers ^5 Steve
  14. Stevenmi

Things that go bump in the night...

I did that once and got very sick, make sure you watch her close for a cough. btw she is now an offical reefer....Karma to her!! Steve
  15. Stevenmi

sps eating starfish

Asterina anomala seem to be the biggest offenders...And is what I think I am fighting. Steve