Recent content by scuba22

1. scuba22

Punk Cuke Stress

thanks Michael - much appreciated....
  2. scuba22

Mola

WOW. they are my favorite!!! Just came back from the galapagos aggressor and we could not dive isabela where they'd been seen..they are amazing creatures!
  3. scuba22

Punk Cuke Stress

I am actually nervous about the toxins from the cuke... how would i KNOW IF HE WAS NOT DOING WELL?
  4. scuba22

Punk Cuke Stress

no! :-)
  5. scuba22

Punk Cuke Stress

thanks o much for the quick reply..just didn't want to ruin my water and have a death tank!
  6. scuba22

Punk Cuke Stress

Just the initial relocation from the hosp tank I guess..it's only been 24 hours, since he was manipulated a bit
  7. scuba22

Punk Cuke Stress

hey all... My new pink cucumber - who is quite large (about 8") is eviscerating from stress. I think he will be ok once settled but my question is shall i try to remove the entrails from the tank? I've done water changes and everyone else looks ok. here's a photo...thanks so much!
  8. scuba22

Pj Cardinal's Clutch

I'll get some macros today and post em! hey Witty! How's the CAES?
  9. scuba22

Pj Cardinal's Clutch

mY pjS seem to have had a clutch, and the smaller one has a 'full mouth' and hides for days @ a time, until, I suspect he hides the babies and eats ravenously! Does anyone have experience w/ PJs breeding in captivity? I can post an image of the full mouth pose...also I have 2 tangs and a...
  10. scuba22

battle of the ick

I'm a fan of flagyl or similar reef - safe treatments. it worked for me
  11. scuba22

Crabs Are Evil Society

my monster Emerald munched on my Fire Shrimp...a $30.00 shrimp dinner is more than I'd pay for ME! Crabs are Evil!
  12. scuba22

spaghetti worms as killers

ph 8 sg 1020 amnonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrites 10-20ppm kh 11 Ca++ 400 temp 78-80 depending on time of day The emerald crabs died over a 4 wk period, I had had them almost a year and they ranged in size from 2mm to the giant @ approx 6-7mm I do have a handfule of Asterina as...
  13. scuba22

outcasted CLOWN FISH

My third clown was 'offed' by the other 2 mating pair - BUT then the <?> female started in on the male, and I had to remove him _ I AM the GOD of the Reef! So now I have a 15g fish-only with a blue dot damsel and the outcast clown, and the queen of the clown-fish rules the reef - but has no...
  14. scuba22

Please!!! Need Help Asap- Cloudy

Doesn't spawning occur in August? (Just saw a documentary)
  15. scuba22

spaghetti worms as killers

Hi everybody_ has anyone ever had the experience where their spaghetti worms (or a similar variety) has overtaken a mushroom or polyp rock and 'strangled' these to extinction? I feel that this has been the demise of a well populated yellow polyp colony in my reef, nearby red mushrooms are...