Punk Cuke Stress

scuba22

hey all...
My new pink cucumber - who is quite large (about 8") is eviscerating from stress.
I think he will be ok once settled but my question is shall i try to remove the entrails from the tank?
I've done water changes and everyone else looks ok.
here's a photo...thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG00641.jpg
    IMG00641.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 26

michael_cb_125

Those pellets are not entrails. When Cukes eat the take in large amounts of sand. In ther digestive tract they digest the "junk" off the sand particles. Then at the end of the cycle they simply "poop" out sand pellets. It is perfectly normal, and meaning he is healthy.
~Michael

scuba22

Just the initial relocation from the hosp tank I guess..it's only been 24 hours, since he was manipulated a bit

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I agree with Michael! If your cucumber were eviscerating your fish would be dying as cuckumbers release highly toxic compounds from their guts.

scuba22

I am actually nervous about the toxins from the cuke...
how would i KNOW IF HE WAS NOT DOING WELL?

michael_cb_125

Personally the only cucumbers that I will add to a tank are the Tiger Tail variety. These do not have the extremely toxic entrails that many of the other cukes do.

But as long as your water quality is high, and there are no fish, crabs, shrimp picking at it, I would not worry. Also, if you just want to play it safe, run carbon 24/7. This will help with the removal of the toxins, if they are ever released.

But as I said earlier, from that picture there is nothing wrong.
~Michael