Crabs Are Evil Society

SoliSteve

It took me ten days, three Chromis Damsels, a Scotts Fairy Wrasse, a gash in a Yellow Tang and finally the rearranging of my entire 150 Reef Tank to catch a Teddy Bear Crab that had a 4" carapace - couldn't trap the sucker using any traps, glass, nighttime fishing ..... you name it! I won't go into the Mithrax Crab that went "midevil" on me in my 55g but I think this will be enough to qualifiy me!

das

Gday all,
These nazi anti coral architects have caused money, heartache,time and tangs,smooth tangs not much is as bad as pulling out a limp tang that died from crab stresses.I have declared war on all crabs,i have even flushed all L/R in F/W
to rid them. I need a proud emblem to place on side of my tank to keep intruders away.
Cheers..

Witfull

to all interested in being a card carrying member, simply copy and paste this into your sig.

Member "Crabs Are Evil" Society[/I[/B

then add a ] to the ends of the [/I & [/B

KimPossible

Well, I took mine all out save 2 lone scarlets.....
Last week I see one donning a Jumbo Nasarius shell....(it's not like they dont have a variety to choose from...empty that is)
Two days ago, one is on my GORG!!!!!! picking at it's polyps!!!! No Can Do! I took it off, it went right back... Both are in a juice glass awaiting donation to my LFS this weekend.
Oh well.....I guess I'm gonna be crab free soon :)
Lord knows I've been trying to buck the "society" LOL!

lcstorc

I know the feeling so well Kim. Mine are in the overflow waiting to go back as well.
Peace
Lynn

olivert00

Upon sitting and enjoying one of my many hours in front of my tank I see what I thought to be a cute crab that has 2-3 anemones on his shell eating my serpent star fish while it is trying to get away from him...I am all over the tank trying to remove him, when moving pieces of rock I find bits and pieces of a brittle star...last time I saw him he was about 8-10" in diameter he is now the size of a quarter legs and all. That's it, pissed I am picking up rock looking for the little bugger when I find my second brittle with about 3" missing from all of his legs. I moved all victims into 24g nano, lost the serpent star.
Didn't catch him so I put in a trap and the little piggy walked right in...I would like to intoduce him to the Lake Zurich sewer system...what do you think. No more Crabs are Evil

lcstorc

My yellow tang had a $20 dinner of peppermint shrimp once.
I know off-topic, but it still hurts.
Peace
Lynn

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
Woodstock said:
Ya know... If crabs grew HUGE, I do not think I would be as fond of swimming in the ocean. Could you imagine a 6 foot long human-eating crab??? :eek:

i just happened to hear a story the other day, about a couple of guys who were doing somthing i remember it vaugely -one of them got his leg trapped and couldnt get it free so his buddy went for help but while he was gone i guess he must've lost feeling in the leg..i guess he couldnt fel it but to his horror he looked down and noticed a large crab eating at his foot.
that sucks..i honestly just heard that story about two days ago

semigodd154

I bought 2 emerald crabs both the size of a dime after a few months 1 was the size of a nickel the other mutated into a quarter size behemoth who earned a nice exile into my sump because he was snapping chunks of my red montipora off like potato chips and eating them when i went after him not only did he not run he turned on me and tried to get me also anyway him and his little buddy gilligan are both marooned now into a sump of their own just thouht id share.