Recent content by Roks-Sharky

1. Roks-Sharky

What are your laziest habits?

Oh, speaking of R/O, here's a lazy invention. I am not sharp enough to plumb in an R/O filter with auto-top off to my own plumbing, but I managed auto top off this way: I have a two story house, I squeezed a 30 gallon rubber made trash can into the upstairs linen closet and ran tubing to the...
  2. Roks-Sharky

Your clown fish adopting anything artificial??

Oops, sorry, I meant artificial as in not alive, as in plastic or fabric. I know clowns frequently adopt various corals as hosts, since I can see it at the LFS [a clown rubbing itself on a very realistic looking tongue coral used to give me a good laugh, seemed the tongue should be doing the...
  3. Roks-Sharky

Oh, maybe I should say, my fish are not just alive despite my lazy habits, fish are thriving! My hippo tang has grown larger than any I've seen for sale, more than double the size of when I bought him. Yellow tang has lived through ALL my mistakes, one of my first fish, as well as the...
  4. Roks-Sharky

Your clown fish adopting anything artificial??

Let me know, send a link if you got an on-line source, cause I'm gonna try.
  5. Roks-Sharky

I was once appalled when I saw straight salt dumped into the shark tank at the LFS. Of course, then I started doing it myself at home. Well, not buckets full, just a cup here and there into the sump to keep it regulated. My live rock has long since bleached, and rather than scrub clean...
  6. Roks-Sharky

Should I do a water change w/Tap water in Fish/Live Rock Tank?

Yes I have a phosphate test ket! Just pulled it out on your advice, but guess what! It requires distilled water!
  7. Roks-Sharky

Adding used live sand to display tank

I say NO, don't use it. Why? Because I have about 25lbs pounds of coral rubble/sand mix I removed from my tank in my basement. Why did I remove it? I felt it was harboring nasty stuff, like cyanbacteria and red slime and or/anaerobic bacteria. Why is this person getting rid of it unless...
  8. Roks-Sharky

Should I do a water change w/Tap water in Fish/Live Rock Tank?

We just had tiles put in our kitchen and laundry room. They never reconnected the laundry room sink which means my R/O filter is disconnected. I am feeling very lazy and don't feel like reconnecting the sink myself, it requires a trip to Home Depot. I want to do a major water change with tap...
  9. Roks-Sharky

What companies provide Aquarium services?

Note this is being posted in NJ Reefers Club. My tanks are a MESS. I need major water changing. I'd love to know if there's a service that pulls up with a big tank of salt water. I just don't feel like making up 6 trash cans of salt water right now. ANy help? I live in Voorhees_Camden...
  10. Roks-Sharky

Corals & Triggerfish? yes? maybe? or NO!

I just bought a Huma Huma today. I know corals are a "NO" with them, but I also can't resist experimenting! So what coral do you have with your trigger? Star polyp? Mushrooms? Somekind of Polyps? Keep him well fed and he doesn't bother the corals? What's your experience . .
  11. Roks-Sharky

Recharging & re-using various filtration items

Recharging & re-using various filtration items I think a very helpful thread would be about what filtration items can be re-charged & re-used. I know I've read charcoal can be re-charged and used again by baking it? Certainly no one does this since it's cheap enough to buy. But I'm...
  12. Roks-Sharky

my cleaner shrimp has alot of green balls on it

You only have one? hOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD this one shrimp? Less than a month? Then you bought him pregnant. They get copulate after they molt and will relase the eggs with the next molt. These baby cleaner shrimp are impossible to raise. They never "settle" without some magical...
  13. Roks-Sharky

SIDE EFFECTS of BOYD CHEMI-CLEAN & ULTRALIFE RED SLIME REMOVER

What are the side effects of these products? Is one better than the other? BOYD CHEMI-CLEAN & ULTRALIFE RED SLIME REMOVER Boyd Chemi Clean for treating Cynobacteria
  14. Roks-Sharky

What Salt are you using right now?

I'd like to know what salt are you using right now? Just because something goes wrong coincidentally while using a new salt, you tend to blame the salt. I buy the 5 gallon bucket of whatever I see first when I need it. I bought Instant Ocean this time. I'm not happy with it, and it...
  15. Roks-Sharky

re.REDICULOUS cyano bacteria problem

Re: Any natural remedies for removing cyanobacteria? & Restoring health to my tanks? Please post a link, I don't have much luck with the search engine. Nope, I never medicated with copper intentionally. I tested the water to see if there was any present from using medications that don't...