my cleaner shrimp has alot of green balls on it

slysock

what could these green balls be? there ate literally hundreds on its stomach, it looks likeit might be eggs but i have no clue. ill try to snap some photos

slysock

ok. so in the photos they look more yellowish, and i have NEVER seen this before in any photos of cleaher shrimp or anywhere.
_DSC0015-2.jpg

_DSC0014-2.jpg

Roks-Sharky

You only have one?

hOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD this one shrimp? Less than a month?

Then you bought him pregnant.

They get copulate after they molt and will relase the eggs with the next molt.

These baby cleaner shrimp are impossible to raise. They never "settle" without some magical chemical cue that is not present in a tank. They will make great live food for the rest of your fishy pets.

You CAN raise PEPPERMINT SHRIMP at home!

How To Raise & Train Your Peppermint Shrimp
by April Kirkendoll
Amazon.com: How To Raise & Train Your Peppermint Shrimp: April Kirkendoll: Books

JustDavidP

They're cute buggers though..and yeah..as mentioned.. make good fish food.

My babes, fed to the seahorses...

babypeps.jpg

babypepclose.jpg

scaped4.jpg

Dave

lcstorc

That's a cool article. Thanks
I think I had Valonia aegagropila on a rock in my tank. It was a very porus rock and I could never manage to get it all out. I put the rock outside and that of course took care of it pretty quickly but obviously killed all the corraline. Looks like I should be very glad it was only on the one rock.

lcstorc

How big is the tank?
Mine never bother each other but they may not know the other exists. :)
I would say they are fine unless you have a small tank,

lcstorc

Should be fine.
There's always a chance with any 2 animals but I have a fire shrimp in with 2 peppermints in my 20g and they have been fine as far as I know, I lost one peppermint but I think my RBTA ate it.