Recent content by Rep. Day

1. R

Looking for suggestions

Justin, Thanks for the info...I do appreciate the information! Hmmmmmmm...still thinking...lol. I think it is easier to pick out a new car than my new fish...lol.
  2. R

Looking for suggestions

Still leaning toward the Flame (thanks ZJSM for the comments) but will give a Wrasse a look. They do look very interesting. Thanks, Dave
  3. R

Looking for suggestions

Greetings all...and Merry Christmas. Sadly yesterday there was a death in the family, my long time buddy Coral Beauty passed away after several years together. So, I am looking for a new friend. I only have a 28 gallon cube, 2 clowns and 1 blenny. I also have a few corals so it needs to...
  4. R

Green Zoas Question

Thanks! Will start reading.
  5. R

Cube Filter Media Suggestions

I have a JBJ 28 Gallon Cube. Currently in the media basket I have a Sponge in the top, then PhosGuard in the middle, then Carbon as the last thing the water goes through. I have both fish and have recently added some soft corals (first corals for me). Is this setup ok or is there something...
  6. R

Green Zoas Question

Should the PH be lower? If it should be, what is the best way to lower it? I do my water changes with SW bought at the LFS (since it requires so little of it for a tank this size).
  7. R

Green Zoas Question

Since I don't know I won't say I don't...could have. However it isn't in any direct flow at all, but there is of course movement just because it is only a 28 gallon. I could probably find a place that has less than there is now. Thanks, Dave
  8. R

Green Zoas Question

I am just starting with some corals and was told that Green Zoas are a pretty good starter. I have a small group of them and for the first 4 days or so, they opened up, had bright color green in the middle with a nice brown color around the edges. Now they have started having a much smaller...
  9. R

Hawaiian Feather Duster Question

Thanks! I will do that and just keep an eye on it. Hopefully it just didn't like where I wanted it and found it's own place. Thanks again, Dave
  10. R

Discus Tank Question - Filter

That is great to know...you made my day. :)
  11. R

Hawaiian Feather Duster Question

A few days ago I bought a Hawaiian Feather Duster. When I got home with it and did the normal careful transitation to my 28 gallon cube, I placed it in the center-left side of the tank near some LR. Everything seemed fine for a few days then when I got up this morning I noticed the "tube" was...
  12. R

Wow...I didn't realize that. I was under the impression that the water need to be around 6.5 or below, I can't get mine under 7.0, it is actually closer to 7.3. I need to do more reading I guess. Thanks for that info! Dave
  13. R

Love the pics. With the water we have, I am having a very hard time getting the PH as low as it needs to be and of course when I do water changes, the battle starts over again. I am afraid that discus might not work for me. I do have plants and some tetras in the tank now, everything is...
  14. R

Rookie Questions

I have no advice on help but do have a question, you said you have been "target feeding" him, I would like to get one in the future after my tank is more established but I am curious how you target feed one? Is that done with some type of tube or by just putting food near it? Thanks, Dave
  15. R

Great info, thanks for your help bbe22. For the 55 gallon I have decided to go with a Fluval 405. I know an Eheim was recommended but felt that the 405 looks pretty good also and should be more than large enough for a 55. Dave