Hawaiian Feather Duster Question

Rep. Day

A few days ago I bought a Hawaiian Feather Duster. When I got home with it and did the normal careful transitation to my 28 gallon cube, I placed it in the center-left side of the tank near some LR. Everything seemed fine for a few days then when I got up this morning I noticed the "tube" was empty and could see the crown on the other side of the tank, fully exposed, sticking out from some LR. At first I thought the crown had came off and was just laying there, but looking closer I can see it's tube (guess we will call that it's inner tube insted of inner self) tucked back in some of the LR. It is now in a mostly shaded area. If I need to move it, it will be difficult to get to...but I can do whatever I need to.

OK...being new to this, is that normal, is it ok for it to be in the shade....or is it on the downhill slide?

Thanks for any info anyone can give me on this. Maybe it is a normal thing when they are moved, but just wanting to check and see if there is anything I need to be doing.

Thanks as always!

Dave

GlassMunky

Sometimes, if the worm doesnt like where it is, it will move. I've had one of mine cut up his tube into pieces and completly change directions it was facing. The worms are not photosynthetic, but filter-feeders, so being in the shade is fine. I'd say just let him be

Rep. Day

Thanks! I will do that and just keep an eye on it. Hopefully it just didn't like where I wanted it and found it's own place.

Thanks again,
Dave

BigFish11

A feather duster is really just a long worm, i have bought three and all of them didnt like where a put them so they crawled out. Unfortuntly, they were attacked by my crabs and eaten when they left their tube. Just a heads up when they leave there home they could get attacked