Green Zoas Question

Rep. Day

I am just starting with some corals and was told that Green Zoas are a pretty good starter.

I have a small group of them and for the first 4 days or so, they opened up, had bright color green in the middle with a nice brown color around the edges. Now they have started having a much smaller "head", not opening much at all. I have not seen anything messing with them.

They are placed about mid-level of the tank and get some water motion on them, but not anything direct. I have a 28 gallon cube with 105 watt Compact Quad Light.

Water is:

Nitrate:0
Nitrite: 0
PH:8.5
Ammonia: 0
Salinity:1.024
Temp:78

Any suggestions or (hopefully) is this something that can happen from being moved?

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Rep. Day

Since I don't know I won't say I don't...could have. However it isn't in any direct flow at all, but there is of course movement just because it is only a 28 gallon. I could probably find a place that has less than there is now.

Thanks,
Dave

Rep. Day

Should the PH be lower? If it should be, what is the best way to lower it? I do my water changes with SW bought at the LFS (since it requires so little of it for a tank this size).