Recent content by Nucem

1. N

Activated Charcoal in sump

How often do you change it when you leave it in all the time?
  2. Canopy_Lights

Canopy_Lights

3. N

Recommended Cleanup Crew?

Here's a pic if that will help.
  4. 100G Flat Back Hex

100G Flat Back Hex

5. N

ok need an id on this crazy bugger

I just found the same thing in my tank last night after lights out. It was stretching just like the first pic in this post. From the head to where i couldn't see it anymore it was over 2 inches. How big these things get? My tank has been up and running little over 3 weeks. Setup with 100lbs LR...
  6. N

Ty for the info. My LFS is recommending like 48 snails and about the same for hermit crabs for my tank and 2 or 3 shrimp. Whatcha think? I have what I'd say is a moderate amount of brown algae and the begining of hair algae. Soon as I figure out what program to shrink my photos i'll post a few.
  7. N

Ty for the website
  8. N

Finally after 1 1/2 years I have my 100 gallon tank up and running. It has been running for 3 weeks now. I plan on waiting for another couple weeks then i want to add cleanup crew. I'm kinda past the brown algae and getting started on the hair algae stage :) . My question for you all is what and...
  9. N

OT: Scavenger Hunt Game.

Re: Scavenger Hunt Game. How about a picture of the USS INDIANAPOLIS
  10. N

Closed Loop Pump & Super Squirt Question

I have the Super Squirt model. If what you say is true, seems like I would be wasting what the pump can do. Any suggestions on what pump and GPH? Right now I plan to start with softies but I want to keep SPS down the road I hope.
  11. N

WOW!!! I have a migrane now to :bugout:
  12. N

Pods In Sump

Would putting some type of filter media in sump intake area or right before return cause a big drop in pods that are allowed to enter main tank? I know any filter will cut some. I guess I'm really asking what type of filter material would be the best to allow the most pods thru. I have a drawer...
  13. N

Currently I have a Squence Reeflo Snapper 2500GPH ext pump. It has a 2" intake and a 1 1/2" ouput. I have an Ocean Motions Super Squirt for the closed loop I want to set in my 100g flat back hex tank. Here's my questions. With only having a ball valve between the above mentioned pump and some...
  14. N

MH pendants on top of canopy?

Here's a silly newb question for ya. What would be the best way to mount the pendants? With the MH pendants length going perpendicular or parallel to the tank? to give the best possible spread. _ or I
  15. N

MH pendants on top of canopy?

5' long tank that has a max width of 18" that cuts back from hex. So you think 7" clearance with couple of fans would ok?