Recent content by nd200

1. nd200

AI Hydras Controlled from APEX

I am trying to control my AI Hydra HD's with an apex controller. I know there is a module that has been discontinued. Why is that? does it no longer work? Is there a built in functionality to control the lights or is it not possible? The newest thread I could find was from 2016 which was a...
  2. nd200

HELP! Wrasse very stressed out

They have lived together for about a year. Wrasse has always been the aggressor but they never really picked on each other.
  3. nd200

HELP! Wrasse very stressed out

I have had a melnuras Wrasse for about 2 years now. Beautiful fish. Always has been one of if not the most aggressive fish in my tank. The past few weeks however he has been laying on his side in the corner of my tank. It seems like my fox face has been bullying him. He is still eating just not...
  4. nd200

End of an era

Not quite sure how to upload pictures here. So I'll just explain how things are going. The tank is beautiful. Much more pleasing to look at in general. When people come over, the tank is always the first thing they look at and comment on. Water parameters have leveled off at near perfect. I...
  5. nd200

End of an era

Almost two years ago today I purchased my first salt water aquarium, a Red Sea Max C250. The tank definitely has had some hard times but has been doing exceptionally well over the last year. There has however been one problem that I have been putting off that needs to be resolved. The...
  6. nd200

End of an era

Almost two years ago today I purchased my first salt water aquarium, a Red Sea Max C250. The tank definitely has had some hard times but has been doing exceptionally well over the last year. There has however been one problem that I have been putting off that needs to be resolved. The...
  7. nd200

Tank Stock

I have a 65 gallon Red Sea max and just did a complete clean out. I got rid of all of my fish in the process. Does anyone have any suggestions for a stock list? I really like the idea of a larger quantity of small fish vs only a few larger ones although having one larger fish and a bunch of...
  8. nd200

Dirty tank

I have the two return pumps facing up words the surface and twords the center of the tank. And one mp40 at one end of the tank and an mp10 at the other end facing it. All my water readings seem perfect. And the phosfates are somewhere between 0 and .2 or .02 I forget witch one. Just not quite...
  9. nd200

Dirty tank

Sorry. I completely forgot to mention that I have a reactor hooked up that has both carbon and Gfo in it. I change it when I notice my phosfates start to rise. I also have one of the pumps pointed up so it stirs the top up. It just seems to push the film around
  10. nd200

Dirty tank

I have had a Red Sea max c250 aquarium for about a year and a half at this point and so far am not entirely pleased with the system. I'm not sure if it is me or the tank it's self but for some reason I have had clear water for maybe one week total out of the one year plus, that I have had the...
  11. nd200

White dust wont go away

I have a red sea max c250 with an external canister filter with plenty of filter floss, A diatom filter that runs part time and a tunze ATO. The issue i am having is i have tons of really small dust like particles in my tank. Suspended in the water. They just wont go away. It seems like an...
  12. nd200

Water clarity

I can try to link you to a video of the tank. The way it looks and acts is really hard to explain. If you want me to do that let me know.
  13. nd200

Water clarity

I think that at the point that i am at right now i wont need the diatom filter. But thanks for the info on that. Everything did work water was just coming out from a little opening above the tubes. The tank has already cycled fully. About 2 days after i wrote this the nitrite was completely gone...
  14. nd200

Water clarity

I have two clownfish that cycled the tank. Got the ammonia and nitrite spikes. Everything has settled down now. No ammonia and no nitrite. Still some nitrate (around 5ppm) i added a clean up crew and that seemed to help a lot. Now the water its self is clear but there is still a lot of...
  15. nd200

Water clarity

First, Sorry for the late reply. It has been set up for a little over a month. I used live sand that was really fine. (I suspect this is part of the issue). I added the canister filter because the small media rack in the back just wasn't cutting it. It has helped a lot but there are still a LOT...