Recent content by MAXreefer

1. MAXreefer

My Elos goes Atlantis

Thanks guys for the nice comments. I am very happy with the UV unit. When I posted the setup I had it just installed and saw some improvement in water clarity but now having it running for a while it is amazing. I always had good quality but never saw the water as clear as it is now. To...
  2. MAXreefer

My Elos goes Atlantis

Quick video. Just click on the picture below to watch the vid. It is in 720p HD and might require a fast connection Enjoy
  3. MAXreefer

My Elos goes Atlantis

And a couple fish pictures....
  4. MAXreefer

My Elos goes Atlantis

Time for a major update.... Maybe some of you remember my tank build I had here... You still can see all my pictures HERE Having to travel more and more for work and a little ALK disaster while I was gone I decided to go a different route for now and for the first time ever I...
  5. MAXreefer

Maxreefer's Elos System120 build....

Other updated pictures:
  6. MAXreefer

Sorry guys for being absent for a while. Been crazy busy with travelling for work. Here are a few updates: The tank is running now for about 9 months and doing is better then ever after a big mishap. While I was gone my buddy who takes care of tank while I was gone didn't notice the Alk...
  7. MAXreefer

Time for a little update. There will be a "big" update next week. A fellow reefer who had a stunning tank for many many years decided to leave the hobby and was selling off all his beautiful corals. I was able to get quite a few from frags to colonies. Will pick them up next week and post some...
  8. MAXreefer

Today I tried to make a video from the Elos. It is not the greatest but not that bad either. It seems camcorder and LED's don't like each other that much and the true colors of the corals don't always get captured very well. Therefore I included some cool pics to illustrate how the corals...
  9. MAXreefer

Quick shot to show how nice the coralline starts to grow. There was no LR when I started. Just dry rock. NO pic manipulation. That's the way it looks
  10. MAXreefer

View from the couch... Best I can do now. Will take pics from the other side this evening when the room is dark and no reflections.
  11. MAXreefer

Installed some more equipment to make life easier Besides the RO/DI storage tank (top) I installed a second one for mixing and storing saltwater. Inside the tank there is a heater and a Maxi-jet for flow. Attached also another Maxi-Jet on the faucet connector to pump the water more quickly to...
  12. MAXreefer

A few new shots. Pics are taken only 1 hour after I got them into the tank. All picked up from a local reefer....
  13. MAXreefer

Thank you Al.
  14. MAXreefer

I dose Omega and Pro Skimmer and my softies are doing really good actually but I must say I only dose once a week and way below the recommended dosing.
  15. MAXreefer

Think it is time to update my thread again with some color....;) The tank is doing great. The Elos Purist Line is doing a great job. Even with heavy feeding it keeps the nitrates and phosphates down to 0. Here are some pics. Stll some issues with the camera and the LED's to get great...