Recent content by lobban

1. L

fish query

Thanks, I have a MAX 130D. Mike
  2. L

fish query

Hi, apart from the clean up crew, I only have 2 Domino Damsel fish in my tank, both are medium size approx 2". I'd like to add 2 small clown fish to the tank; will they be ok with the Damsel fish, or should I try to get medium sized Clown fish? Thanks, Mike
  3. L

water query

Thanks for the info, it's nice to know that there's a wealth of knowledge out there. Regards, Mike
  4. L

water query

Thanks, I'm using the hydrometer that came with the red sea max starter kit. Can you recomend a decent make of refractometer? Regards, Mike
  5. L

water query

Thanks for the reply, I'll try another brand, and take it from there. Regards, Mike
  6. L

water query

Hi,I'm a beginner and have a query regarding the alkalinity and magnesium level measured on my red sea max test kit. I've had water in the tank for 2 weeks now, and cured live rock in for 10 days. No livestock of any kind in the tank. My alkalinity and magnesium levels are twice as high as...
  7. L

water problems

hi guys ive added my cured rock but my nitrite and nitrate levels are wrong will this sort itself out after a few days of the rock being in the tank? also do i have to do a cycle process?
  8. L

help me

hi guys! am new to marine setup so this is why i joined any help is welcomed. ive added my cured rock about 1 week ago today i checked my water parameters not to bad but do i need to go through the nitro bac stage if am using cured rock?