Recent content by johnmiami

1. J

yeah, Im ready

my fish that were left have been in the qt for the same period as the dt has been running without fish. going on 3 months. I have also treated them with copper as well and they seem to be doing fine. I have clear air bubbles all over the tank. They just started showing up. I'm assuming...
  2. J

yeah, Im ready

Well, I report almost 3 months ago that I had ich and I took the advice to remove the fish left and let the tank sit. Well I hope I'm ready to try a fish again. I'm very reluctant. My 2 fish are in the qt and have been treated and are doing well and staring at the bigger tank wondering when...
  3. J

To MANY pods?

where can I see a picture of the different pods because I think I have a similar issue that this thread started with but I don't know what I'm looking at. thanks
  4. J

is there a picture of the parasite that causes ich?

then I think what I am seeing on the glass is something else then. Someone mentioned copapod??? Does anyone know what they look like?
  5. J

is there a picture of the parasite that causes ich?

I posted a couple of weeks ago about having to start my 90 gal over again because of the presence of ich. All my recently purchased fish have died and am left with most of the originals that went through the cycling. I'm setting up other smaller tanks so I can dismantle and start over. My...
  6. J

proper lighting for tank/corals

sorry I was gone a couple of days. I have the following condy anemone spotted mushroom white bubble coral torch coral frogspawn yellow flower pots montipora - not sure of the type I would like to continue to add a variety of different corals in my tank. So do I need to scrap the fixtures...
  7. J

are u recommending 150-175 in total watts or each bulb for a total of what?
  8. J

the depth is 24" Currently inventory list: anemone spotted mushroom bubble torch frogspawn flower pots montipora clam I would like proper lighting for what I have and something that can be expanded if necessary depending on what else that I add in. Lighting I currently have is...
  9. J

Fallow period

with the 11 fish I have 1yellow tang 3chromis 1 6 line 1 engineer goby 4 bar jacks 1 royal gramma What is the smallest set up you guys can recommend to hold them for the 8 weeks, multiple small tanks? (10g) or 1 larger one? I need to be able to afford all this without having to create a...
  10. J

Is there a general rule of thumb for the amount of lighting an acquarium should have? I have a 90 gal reef tank.
  11. J

Fallow period

I'm getting ready to remove my fish and quarantine them for ich and letting my dt sit for the recommended time frame. I have been reading the articles on the process but wasn't exactly sure what to do with the LR, corals, and inverts. If I understand correctly its the fish that are the host...
  12. J

cleaner wrasse

Yes, he/she only lasted a couple of weeks unfortunately. It was beautiful. Is there any tricks to keeping them that you know of?
  13. J

cleaner wrasse

Just saw the really nice picture of the cleaner wrasse. I have had two at different times and can't keep them alive. They do really well for a couple of weeks and then die. Whats up? My water params are fine and everyone else is good. Any thoughts?
  14. J

clown and anemones

I have a 90 gal. And I realized yesterday that my anemone is a florida condy, not the sebae they called it at the store. I'm finding I need to do more and more research on my own to educate myself than relay on the store. They are costing me money....I did enjoy watching the tomato in the...
  15. J

clown and anemones

Based on the colorations I do have the little False Nemo :). Thank you both for all the information on who goes where. Now since of have the False Nemo can I have another type of clown that will go to my Sebae without a problem other than the tomato that I had?