Recent content by hobbeslax

1. H

20 gallon tank set up for newbie

What anemones would work in that tank? I saw a dwarf carpet anemone at the store that said it only got 6" in size.:rollingey
  2. H

oh, I'm not looking for 'basslets, damsels and jawfish' I'm wondering if any of those would work well in the system. 2 clownies and 2-3 small companions.
  3. H

Thanks, Would a blue velvet damsel work w/the clownies?
  4. H

Greetings all. I've had much success with African cichlids for years but I'm iching to venture out and try something new. I have a 20 gallon tank at my disposal and I would like to try a my first marine tank. I would definitely like an Ocellaris clown and anemone combo with some tank mates...
  5. H

lion compatability

Poisonous slime and venumous spine sounds like a tank full of TnT. How about the two lionfish and a clown fish?
  6. H

lion compatability

I'm not talking about the volitans. I would think that the clown and mandarin gobi would be too large for the dwarf lions.
  7. H

lion compatability

How about a clown fish, fuzzy lionfish, zebra lionfish and a mandarin gobi?
  8. H

lion compatability

I am going to begin a 40 gal tank in a couple of months. Could I put a zebra lionfish and a fuzzy lionfish in the tank?
  9. H

Best places online to buy a tank?

I concur with an earlier post: w/ some patients Craig's List can be a great resource for affordable tanks. I bought a 30 gal long for $40 and 55 gal, w/full set up, for $150.
  10. H

Saying Hi

A friend of mine has a 14 gal biocube and it's his first SW tank. He loves it. If I remember right he has a damsel, some starfish and snails.
  11. H

New to SW: suggestions for a 20 gal tank

Thanks everyone for their advice. I'm splitting the difference and buying a 30 gal long tank this weekend.:dryer: I'll going to get the input from a good pet store in the area.
  12. H

Ugh...sigh: Much thanks for the city of brotherly love Thanks for the literary suggestions. I will look them up. For the other people willing to help. 1) I've already stated but allow me to reiterate :hammerhea :banghead: : I am new to this and I am looking for your expert experience and...
  13. H

Your mission These are all good tips. What I was really looking for was if this was a work assignment: You have to design a 20 gal long tank for a novice marine aquarist. What would you design to win a million dollars? Client looking for 2-3 fish and inverts of any type (coral, shrimp...
  14. H

Funny, we had a similar phrase in the Coast Guard but the order was different: The solution to pollution is dilution. Are there any sort of coral or anemone that would work after the tank is established?