Recent content by flyline

1. F

thred for a frag tank

can anyone post a good thred with pics for a frag tank thanks in advance
  2. F

old base rock

I was thinking the same but there are a lot more experience people out there and when I do set up the new tank I'm trying to keep from running into problems. I have had a few saltwater tanks in the past and starting out I have had some trouble tanks until I got more experience and I do know from...
  3. F

old base rock

I know how hard it is to start a new tank and I don't want these rocks to cause me problems later on I was just trying to save them just because I tore down a 120 gallon tank and there is a lot of rock that I could use I would hate for all of it to be a waste...that being said I don't want to...
  4. F

old base rock

thinking about it now I should have let it dry out and put it in a tote but I dident. I have it sitting on a wooden bench exposed to the sun the dust in the air and what little rain we get up here I live in the desert. It wasent exposed to any pollution type items just the stuff floating around...
  5. F

old base rock

ok so I'm thinking about starting up a tank again I tore down my last tank when my now six year old daughter was born I just didn't have the time for it. the question I have is I kept all the live/base rock but it was left outside is this something that I could use again if it were cleaned and...
  6. F

aptasia in sump/will it spread to dt?

yea i was afraid of that but at least it wont be too hard right now...hopfully no damage is done yet thanks for the quick reply rob
  7. F

aptasia in sump/will it spread to dt?

ok so i ordered some garf grunge and i also got some macro algea for my sump..well when i looked this morning in my sump at the algea i noticed about 7 or 8 baby aptasia in there mixed in with the algea..my question is will they just stay put in the refugium if they are not bothered or will they...
  8. F

New Rodi Unit

+1 for the filter guys i love mine from them and their customer service is exelent..
  9. F

How much flow?

im no pro but i really think it all depends on what you have in your sump..if you just have the skimmer, heaters,return pump and mic. equipment i dont think it would really matter im pretty sure it only matters if you have a refugium down there...if that is the case you might be able to plumb it...
  10. F

garf grunge

hey davek why do you say to add the pods a month or two after the grunge? im assuming that its cuz the grunge will cause a cycle..right now they have a deal buy some grunge and get a free bag of pods thats the olny reason i was goign to add both at the same time..i assume they are going to send...
  11. F

garf grunge

im not too worried about the "clean sand bed look" so that shouldent be a problem i sorta like the natural look of rubble and stuff mixed with the sand but im glad to hear its full of life cuz thats what im after...i think i might get some of this i will decide in a few days if i do i will let...
  12. F

garf grunge

im just looking for a good diversity in my tank not just fish and inverts but all living benificial things, i feel like a succesful reef does have these things and when i was looking at the grunge it said it has benificial worms and stars snails ect..and with the pods i look at night with the...
  13. F

garf grunge

im looking at garf grunge online it looks like it would be somthing good for my tank cuz i used alot of marco rocks so i dont realy have a good pod population..has anyone used this stuff before and what did you think about it? im looking at geting some garf grunge and a bag of pods..thanks
  14. F

diamond goby and pod population question

my tank is pretty new just set it up and got done cycling....yes i do have a sand bed its sugar sand so i know that will be good for him...the sand bed is around 3 to 4 inches deep...the dimond goby will be the first fish in there ive read they are pretty hardy so i hope all will go well i just...
  15. F

diamond goby and pod population question

ive decided to get a diamond goby for my tank but what im wondering is it nessisary to have an established pod population in my tank for long term survival of this fish? my tank is new and i used mostly marco rocks to scape my tank i do have like 35 lbs or so of live rock but i just dont see...