aptasia in sump/will it spread to dt?

flyline

ok so i ordered some garf grunge and i also got some macro algea for my sump..well when i looked this morning in my sump at the algea i noticed about 7 or 8 baby aptasia in there mixed in with the algea..my question is will they just stay put in the refugium if they are not bothered or will they eventually end up in my display tank...i tore down a tank cuz of these suckers i just couldent get a handle on them so i dont want the same problem again..and by the way besides the aptasia i really do like the stuff garf sent me has lots of life in it..thanks in advance

Robzilla

Aips can realease stuff into the water allowing them to spread. Get them now while there are only a few.

flyline

yea i was afraid of that but at least it wont be too hard right now...hopfully no damage is done yet thanks for the quick reply rob

Robzilla

No prob. I had two of them in my DT and Aiptasia-X worked in minutes. Have not seen them since. Just approach them slow so they don't completely shrink back on you.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
aiptasia are like the mythical Hydra, take one and chop it up into 5 pieces... you got 5 new ones, they have no redeeming qualities, search and destroy!