diamond goby and pod population question

flyline

ive decided to get a diamond goby for my tank but what im wondering is it nessisary to have an established pod population in my tank for long term survival of this fish? my tank is new and i used mostly marco rocks to scape my tank i do have like 35 lbs or so of live rock but i just dont see hardly any pods..i talked to the lfs and they said the gobys they have in are eating food put in the tank and are fat and happy but im just trying to look out for the little critter...thanks for the imput:eek:lsmile:

Frankie

RS STAFF
If the fish is eating prepared foods well then I would say it should do fine. How new is your tank and does it have a sand bed? How deep?

flyline

my tank is pretty new just set it up and got done cycling....yes i do have a sand bed its sugar sand so i know that will be good for him...the sand bed is around 3 to 4 inches deep...the dimond goby will be the first fish in there ive read they are pretty hardy so i hope all will go well i just need something to stir my sand the cuc is doing ok but im starting to get a small diaom bloom so i think it will help keep the sand bed looking good besides i want a goby anyways