Recent content by elliottb

1. elliottb

WTB 90/75g tank+stand (NJ)

They are doing well, upgrading to a 75g or 90g tank, whichever I get first. I will try to combine everything into the new tank, so part plant, part reef. Now that I know a lot more than I did when I set up the 55, I will be able to do everything the right way.
  2. elliottb

My house is still for sale. Pretty bad time to sell right now. Hows to dog?
  3. elliottb

Looking for a 90g or 75g tank and stand. e-mail me if you have anything please? e_baer@comcast.net
  4. elliottb

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin I dont know all the details....but I personally have no problem with the ATS. I personally am not going to use it but that doesnt mean it doesnt work. I wil stick with the DSB and plants like cheato...
  5. elliottb

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin So, supposedly this guy is some kind of spammer.... Mega Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover - DIY! - Reef Builders Forums He is doing the same thing on many many forums. And many of these forums...
  6. elliottb

Jeremy0322's 55 gallon build

looking at pics of your dog makes me think back to when I first got shep. We have a video of him barking at the cat with one of their first encounters. I will try to find it and upload it onto youtube.
  7. elliottb

Jeremy0322's 55 gallon build

Puppy sure is cute! I am glad the star and shrooms made it OK.
  8. elliottb

been a while

Thats what I hear. Its exciting for him I am sure. Cant wait to see some pics of the finished product!
  9. elliottb

been a while

I certainly hope so! Its funny because last time we moved, we moved when the market was really good, now its bad, so we'll see how things turn out.
  10. elliottb

been a while

It is going well. I have been pretty busy with work, plus trying to get the house ready to sell. Too bad here in NJ the market is pretty crappy at the moment.
  11. elliottb

For those who dont know how to frag...

Glad everyone liked the videos. I hope to make some new ones that get into a little more detail and more upclose shots of my doing the work. Hopefully by the end of the summer they'll be up on youtube.
  12. elliottb

been a while

since I have loged on this site, but thought I would stop in again and say hi....so HI!
  13. elliottb

Macro Algae Photo Period

mafnesium is what helps plants cope with the saltwater. mangroves for example need magnesium to help remove the salt from the water they take up and then they move the salt to their leaves.
  14. elliottb

Macro Algae Photo Period

If you have a skimmer, you should be fine. I have my lighting times overlap for a bout 2-3 hours at night and in the morn.
  15. elliottb

mangroves?

I am actually planning on getting some jawfish in there, that is what the PVC pipe is. The pvc pipe will hopefuly provide their little home. I also will be gettign the cheato out of there hopefully soon. I just need a spot to put it! I also want to get a mandarin because there are pods...