Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Sorry to hear of your troubles :(
It is good to have you back :)

Very nice aquascaping.
Beautiful fire shrimp and adorable puppy :D

Octoman

Jeremy, I understand all about anxiety. The brain seems to take every little thing in your life and amplify it to where it seems like a crisis, and when one thing gets rolling in your head, it brings a thousand other things with it. My tank can be very soothing when I get over-stressed/anxious. It helps to quiet my mind so I can relax again and think clearly.

It has been fun watching your tank come together and it is looking awesome! I love seeing what people can do with some creativity and the gumption to put something amazing together (I got my 55 on craigslist too!).

Now, how about some new pics?!? :)

plecosword

And just a few more pictures, because I have them... The bulbs that i used incase anyone was curious.

DSCN0373.jpg

And a little leftover pipe, I may have overdone it at the hardware store, but they only sell 10 foot pipes.

And my best friend right now, if you ever considering doing plumbing on a tank you will NEED one of these. Made it SUPER easy...

And, finally, what the tank looks like right now.

Did a water test yesterday and all the levels looked really good.

Temp - 80
Salinity - 1.025
Nitrates - 5
Nitrites - 0
PH - 8.0
Ammonia - .1
Phosphates - 0
Calcium - 350
Ohh, nvm about the lights. I thought they were incandescent bulbs.

Jeremy0322

I went to the doctor and the lump on the leg was actually called a "bone island". All it is is a patch of bone that grows much denser than surrounding bone, making it light up like metal on an x-ray, but its completely harmless, so that was good news. The stomach tests have not come back yet, but I am expecting to hear something on that really soon.

The pictures are delayed because we are running into problems finding the digital camera, but i am trying I promise...haha.

plecosword

I went to the doctor and the lump on the leg was actually called a "bone island". All it is is a patch of bone that grows much denser than surrounding bone, making it light up like metal on an x-ray, but its completely harmless, so that was good news. The stomach tests have not come back yet, but I am expecting to hear something on that really soon.

The pictures are delayed because we are running into problems finding the digital camera, but i am trying I promise...haha.
haha, glad to hear your feeling better.

Jeremy0322

Alright, we found the camera so here they are..

Full tank shot!
CIMG3464.jpg

Left Side
CIMG3468.jpg

Right Side
CIMG3467.jpg

The featherduster that just showed up one day
CIMG3472.jpg

The mushrooms..Thanks Elliott!!
CIMG3478.jpg

As well as the sand sifting star that he sent me
CIMG3477.jpg

And the chaeto that is sooo overgrown at the moment, i think i should trim it..haha
CIMG3474.jpg

AND THE PUPPY!!!
CIMG3486.jpg

CIMG3482.jpg

CIMG3483.jpg

The picture with the shoes was so that everyone could see how much he has grown since the day i got him and first took pictures
DSCN0860.jpg

Jeremy0322

And i dont know why i forgot to tell everyone but I got accepted to the University of North Carolinas Wilmington Campus for Marine Biology, but they need answer by June 30th at noon and I dont know if im ready, that is such short notice and housing and leaving everything...let me know what you think...haha

Octoman

That is awesome Jeremy!! If it is your dream, then go for it!

I'm in the Marine Science program down here at Savannah State and it has been an amazing experience!

lcstorc

Sorry things have been so rough but it looks like they are turning around.
What did you decide about school? Sounds like a great offer. I wish I could do something like that.
The tank looks great. I love the rock with the big hole in it. The fish must love it.
The puppy is of course adorable. I bet you are having a lot of fun with him.

elliottb

looking at pics of your dog makes me think back to when I first got shep. We have a video of him barking at the cat with one of their first encounters. I will try to find it and upload it onto youtube.

Jeremy0322

I turned the school down. I will just reapply for the spring semester when i have the time instead of rushing everything, I am really only taking basic classes anyways like Spanish and stuff like that so it wont really hold me back time wise.

Jeremy0322

In other news, i have recently acquired a smaller ocellaris clown fish and a sand sifting(diamond watchman) goby. The new toadstool leather has opened nicely but the button polyp that i have still has not opened up. I noticed over the past few days though that there is small amounts of algae growing on it. I checked the levels and they are all good, skimmer is running decent, everything checked out. So, i relooked at the problem and realized my flow isnt as great as i thought it was. Two HK 1's in a 55 isnt exactly awesome flow, so i bought a HK 3 a few days ago to double the flow in the tank from 800gph to 1600gph with the three powerheads. That should get rid of the small amounts of algae growth(small and brown, almost doesnt show up unless you really look for it. The yellow tang is doing much better too, perfect and eating and all that jazz.

1 other question. The fish that i bought looked great and i made the boo-boo of just not QTing. They looked good and i didnt have a tank set up for QT. Everything is great but the goby doesnt even go near the sand, where it is supposed to be. He likes to hang up at the top of the tank next to the overflow. He is eating fine, as is the small clown, and looks generally in great shape, but he just liked to hang out back there. The yellow tang is not a huge fan but i am assuming that will go in time, could that be the reason he is constantly hiding. I know not QT'ing was bad, but i didnt feel like driving out and getting a new tank and mixing water and all that.

This was just a general update/advice giving post.

nikkipigtails

Sorry to hear about all your troubles. Sometimes that's what the tank is for...you can just look at it and forget about everything that sucks in your life. Everything's looking really good!

Octoman

Yellow tangs can be bullies for sure, mine has kept fish cornered before. Keep an eye out for serious aggression or injury, but as long as the goby is eating, the aggression from the tang will probably die down soon and the goby will be allowed to swim where he wants to.

Jeremy0322

Aggression is gone, and the goby has made himself not 1 but 2 new homes during the night last night. The only problem with this, is that now that he is going crazy with the sand there is this white dust ALL over the tank. Its making me kind of insane and I dont know how to fix it. I used a really fine grain size of sand and i am hoping eventually it will run out this really crappy white dust, but i have been wrong before. Anyways, im one of the biggest picture beggars on the site, so I figured i would share some of mine...

New Toadstool frag, awesome shipping by the way.
CIMG4275.jpg

The better feeling yellow tang, will be starting his new diet as soon as the fed-ex man shows up.
CIMG4280.jpg

The happy new couple, the small one was in the tank for about 20 seconds before they started swimming together everywhere..
CIMG4265.jpg

The goby and the shrimp, side by side.
CIMG4272.jpg

The homeS that he made himself last night....
CIMG4276.jpg