Recent content by dustin0479

1. D

Jebao RW4 take 1...

Ordered a Jebao rw4 to add some flow in my nano, it lasted a whole whopping 4 minutes. It then lost power. When the transformer is plugged into the wall the light is on. Once you plug the controller in it goes out. I heard good things about them but now I am skeptical.
  2. D

Help finding a tank/stand/canopy combo

Looking at pimpedout aquariums.com . Pricing seems decent and they are about 2 hours away
  3. D

I was planning on putting a upside down u shaped bar across the top of the hood to suspend the lights just above the hood. About 9" above top of tank. I like the hood to avoid light spill that imo looks really bad. I currently hang my led over my tank and am just not a fan of seeing all the...
  4. D

Realistically the stand and canopy keep turning out to be the hard part, sad thing is I could easily make a furniture grade stand myself had I not become recently lazy :). That and my wheeled toys have overtaken my shop
  5. D

I did look at their tanks. My concern with going to a 24" deep tank was the light coverage. With a 90 I can use 2x evergrow it2040 lights pretty effectively while keeping the functionality of an opening canopy. With a 24" I would need 3 and to turn them which would impede canopy opening use...
  6. D

Thanks! The reason I want center overflow is for aesthetic purposes. The tank will be seen from either side frequently and I don't want to be looking into the overflow. For size the space I have available is limited to 48" long unfortunately. I actually don't mind the stand from sc but for...
  7. D

I have been struggling to find a good 90gal offering. My ideal specs are below 90g long starfire Black silicon Center overflow Black stand with doors on front and end Black canopy with room for led's I have looked at SC aquariums and theirs is pretty close but the sump design is horrible and...
  8. D

My innovative Marine 16 Nano

Battling a cyano bloom at the moment. Added Gfo and 30% weekly water changes along with upgrading the pump to a mj900. For some reason my cerith snails keep dying as well. My Mexicans seem to do fine but the cerith are suffering.
  9. D

Credit Card Fraud

I agree about the cc company, that sounds pretty shady. This has happened to me 2 times with different card companies. Each time I called and they immediately credited my account the charge, they then mailed me a questionnaire that was filled out and I returned it. About 30 days later I...
  10. D

Red Sea Reefer Rimless Details

I think the lack of canopy and fuge is going to rule this out for me after really thinking about it.
  11. D

Red Sea Reefer Rimless Details

Where did you see that?
  12. D

Evergrow LED lighting questions

Corals are loving the new lights. One bad thing about them is the intensity adjustments they are really a 10 step adjustment but marketing as a 0-100 variable.
  13. D

Reputable tank vendors

Sorry I am specifically asking about the tank itself. Ideally looking for vendors that offer starfire glass.
  14. D

Reputable tank vendors

I was hoping to compile a list of reputable tank vendors. While working through my equipment list I keep coming upon posts with bad experiences with vaulting vendors. Plus many of you know of vendors that I would otherwise not find.
  15. D

My upcoming 90 build equipment list

Thanks, definitely looking At the eshopps. Here is an updated pic with the chambers identified.