Help finding a tank/stand/canopy combo

I have been struggling to find a good 90gal offering.

My ideal specs are below
90g long starfire
Black silicon
Center overflow
Black stand with doors on front and end
Black canopy with room for led's

I have looked at SC aquariums and theirs is pretty close but the sump design is horrible and they do not want to give a reasonable credit for deleting it.

DaveK

With the specs you want, your most likely going to have to go with a custom made tank or a custom ordered tank. This is going to mean that it's going to be expensive. You can do a search on custom glass aquariums and get a list of possible vendors, contact them and see what they want to build your dream tank.

I would say that if you like the SC Aquariums tank, just get the tank from them and get your stand, sump and so on from other sources. This need not be an all from one vendor solution.

Also, it there any reason the tank has to have a center overflow? You might want one with an overflow on each end, since you'll be able to run more water through the filtration system.

Your into larger tanks here. You also might want to consider a longer tank. They work better if you want tangs or similar fish. The additional cost will not the that much, as far as the tank goes.

Also consider using a standard tank that is reef ready. You may not get the starfire glass or center overflow, but you will get a much lower price.

Lastly, always buy top quality equipment, especially on larger tanks. You only want to buy this sort of thing once.

Thanks! The reason I want center overflow is for aesthetic purposes. The tank will be seen from either side frequently and I don't want to be looking into the overflow.
For size the space I have available is limited to 48" long unfortunately.

I actually don't mind the stand from sc but for 1400 for a tank, skimmer, pump, and stand hood it seems high. Especially considering I will likely not use their skimmer.

I did look at their tanks. My concern with going to a 24" deep tank was the light coverage. With a 90 I can use 2x evergrow it2040 lights pretty effectively while keeping the functionality of an opening canopy. With a 24" I would need 3 and to turn them which would impede canopy opening use. I hope I worded that to make sense.

Realistically the stand and canopy keep turning out to be the hard part, sad thing is I could easily make a furniture grade stand myself had I not become recently lazy :). That and my wheeled toys have overtaken my shop

DaveK

I did look at their tanks. My concern with going to a 24" deep tank was the light coverage. With a 90 I can use 2x evergrow it2040 lights pretty effectively while keeping the functionality of an opening canopy. With a 24" I would need 3 and to turn them which would impede canopy opening use. I hope I worded that to make sense.

Psrsonally, I wouldn't use a canopy at all. I'd suspend the lights on cables or brackets of one form or another. It makes the tank a lot easier to work on and keeps the lighting out of highly humid places and lets the lighting run a lot cooler. I find a canopy just gets it the way of everything, but everyone is different and some people love them.

I would say that if your going to run with an LED fixture like that, you are going to need to mount that very high, otherwise you'll get dark areas in the tank. LEDs like to direct their light straight down.

I was planning on putting a upside down u shaped bar across the top of the hood to suspend the lights just above the hood. About 9" above top of tank. I like the hood to avoid light spill that imo looks really bad. I currently hang my led over my tank and am just not a fan of seeing all the cables etc.