Recent content by dtorbit

1. D

Long Time Coming - Reef Tank

Well, the current status is... I got a yellow shrimp goby to be buddies with my pistol shrimp...so far...they arent friends. I got a new light - its a Current Nova Extreme Pro T5 36". Its super bright and I think it will work well for my future corals. I noticed some red bubble algae on...
  2. D

bubble algae again in my tank....help?

Do I use a toothbrush?? Or like a wire brush
  3. D

bubble algae again in my tank....help?

I too am the lucky owner of bubble algae. If Im up to it I might work on scrubbing the rock tonight....but what do I scrub it with?
  4. D

Do I clean the algae from my tubing

Good info - Do you think it would be wise to go to some sort of tubing that isnt clear? With my setup I need flexible tubing but if it wasnt clear it sounds like there would be less algae. This algae is pretty thick. I did notice that there isnt any in my durso which is obviosly made out of PVC...
  5. My tank as of Oct 09

My tank as of Oct 09

Just wanted to upload a tank photo. I will be adding livestock soon...I hope
  6. D

Do I clean the algae from my tubing

Hey everyone, I have a 55 gallon main tank with a 20 gallon sump. Its been up for a couple of years and I have had a thick green algae in the tubing for just about as long. The tubing is the clear vinyl stuff. The question is....do I clean it out? There is no algae in my main tank or in my...
  7. D

The panelboard is sold right next to the crown molding. Its actually not by the drywall. Its very thin, maybe 1/8 of an inch. It holds its shape pretty well once the trim is attached. I did glue a strip of 1"x1" wood (same stuff I made the frame for the canopy out of - I had some extra) right...
  8. D

Good point Cloudburst - Im sure that shrimp came from my LFS. I made that part up...
  9. D

BigAl07 - Thanks for the advice on the lights...I had already ordered a light but it is so similar to the one you suggested it makes me feel like my choice was decent. Here is the post showing the differnece of the new light versus the old one. Nova Extreme Pro
  10. D

New 36" Current Nova Extreme Pro T5 HO with pics

Yea! I finally got some new lights. These just went on my 50 gallon. It looks like it is actually about 36.25 inches wide (not 36"). I wasnt able to put the sides back on my canopy due to that extra quarter inch...Im gonna have to do some modifications. I took 2 photos using the same...
  11. D

Feather Duster Cluster ?? Or something else

Great! Thanks for the positive ID. I will research them and decide what to do. I will probably leave them for now unless I find that they will take over the tank...but they dont seem to be moving that fast. Im pretty sure I can stay on top of them. I just wanted to make sure they werent...
  12. D

Feather Duster Cluster ?? Or something else

I haven’t been able to locate a thread about these guys and I’m hoping they aren’t going to be a nuisance. They have been growing steadily for over a year. I currently don’t have any corals but they are coming soon. Is this something I should be worried about or are they OK? They are reddish...
  13. D

Hola Folks, Ive finally decided to stop just reading all the posts and sign up. I have a “not yet” reef tank that has been a work in progress for a LONG time but I am just about ready to start adding corals!! Ive had a salt water fish only tank for years. About 4 years ago, when I had a...