Recent content by chrome91

1. chrome91

New Reefers 55 gallon Reef Experiment

:tumble:
  2. chrome91

My brand new Deco 3g !!!!

looks good, i had the same tank but it was a bear to move stuff around in it so i ended up selling it
  3. chrome91

lol looks like youve been talking to yourself for a few weeks!
  4. chrome91

its a good refrac, ive got the same one. years ago i bought a high end one, but sold it a couple years ago. the ebay one is just as good
  5. chrome91

sump size for 180

go as big as you can
  6. chrome91

Modding Emperor 400 into a HOB Fuge. Chaeto Lighting Q's too.

you can try ebay, theres alot of small PC lights there. but really, just going to home hardware and getting a $5 desk light does the job
  7. chrome91

personally i would ditch the biowheels. if you have more than 50lbs of LR, i would just convert the whole filter to a fuge and go with option C. if you have less than 50lbs of live rock, taking away the filter pads could cause a biological upset and cause problems
  8. chrome91

i would just get a simple 13w PC light from a hardware store, 6500k. i made a aquaclear 110 fuge on my old 55g
  9. chrome91

easiest fuge is a aquaclear 110 HOB for $60, throw on a small PC light and put the HOB to the lowest flow setting
  10. chrome91

agreed, mandarins are delicate. best to wait for a while to get one the brown on your rock looks like diatoms
  11. chrome91

How often do you Feed your Fish?

yep, i feed on a random schedule too. sometimes its 7am, sometimes its 6pm. its not good for the fish to be used to a schedule, they may skip eating sometimes because they know it will come again soon
  12. chrome91

How often do you Feed your Fish?

about once every 3 days i feed my 90g freshwater tank once a week though, the 2 pacu are extremely destructive eaters and im worried they might break something
  13. chrome91

What do YOU consider "nano"?

for me, 0.5-2g is microreef, 2g-9g is pico, 10g-20g is nano
  14. chrome91

What happens if I lose power????

ive heard warm water in water bottles does nothing and just cools off fast
  15. chrome91

how to build a kreisel for jellyfish

have you kept a saltwater tank before? if this is your first time i would start with something easier than jellyfish