New Reefers 55 gallon Reef Experiment

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Well, I'm no expert on intestinal disorders, but it doesn't look normal. It looks bloated. You may want to post the picture in the "Fish Diseases and Treatment" forum and ask for some more advice. Perhaps, Leebca will chime-in.

new reefer 03

Yay bluezoo is fixing things :)
they offered me a full refund for the coral i recieved, and i kep the coral for free. or stor credit.

i asked for an "exchange" since my halloween zoas are not in i said "can i get the metalic pinks instead and call it even?"
waiting on the reply :)
didnt mention that they may have given me an infected wrasse lol.

lcstorc

The orange is definitely a gorgonian. They are pretty hard to keep alive for most people though gorgeous when in the right environment.
I'm with Scott on the 6-line. Plump is one thing, but that stomach is bulging.

new reefer 03

yes, i sure hope its not that.if one fish has it, dont they all now?
Pain in the butt that could have been avoided if had a Qt :(

new reefer 03

HAHA! i dot myself a prepaid ( supposed to be reloadable ) debit card. i bought it at walmart for $3, then put $30 on it, because i wasnt sure if it had the 3 digits on the back needed for online orders, but it does!

i may be buying one agan, or i may buy a prepaid, not reloadable from CVS, and save $3. since im not 18 or older(dang) i cant get a "personalized" card with my name on it. as if i care about that lol. anyway, since im not 18 they cant perform a credit check im guessing therefore i for some reason i cant reload it. eitherway i can now order online without going "Hey dad do you want anything online? i found a few things that look worth buying." lol

i didnt know i had to be 18 or older until i read that i have to call and activate the card. they asked for my Social security number, and i entered my phone number leaving off one digit. they got mad at me lol, so i said im only 14 and they activated the "temp" card. which means i may be having an order head my way soon. lol

new reefer 03

i have some quick questions...:D
Srmp list: 3 peppermints, 2 Skunk Cleaners

i curretly have 2 cleaner shrimp, would i be able to add one, or two more ( two so that i would have 2 pairs ). if i added one, or two (which is preferred?) would all 3/4 get along, or is it recommended not to add any more cleaners?

also would it be okay if i added one (or 2, for a pair) fire shrimp? would all shrimp live in a 55 gallon peacefully? i just dont want to have any shrimp fights going on. :lol:

Last edited:

new reefer 03

my dads clowns laid eggs again. i guess this will happen everyother monday now? still waiting for the 11th of april to get some books on them, and breeding (local club has a library)

fishmama67

I did not get the chance to see the "previous" life of your tank evolution. I do think you are very proud of your tank. You have a right to be! This is my fourth week as a "fish mom" and I have to admire your patience and persistance. I have the latter and am working on the former!:apimp:
One of the first stpes I have taken since the most important one of joining "The Reef" is to get my own test kits. This keeps me out of the store and now I'm not drooling on the fish and am a little more willing to wait for time/nature to take it's course. :time:
My hat is off to you Cole! Nice job and keep up the good work as well as the great example!

new reefer 03

lol thanks guys
fish mama im gonna have to track down your chronicle. do you have one yet?

i havent been on here much, and i havent looked at my tank much.. :( i've still been doing water changes, and feedings though lol :D
anyway, i cought my dads fish in the act! only phone vid...

can we get this on a shirt?

Got Salt ?
4-3-phone015.jpg

new reefer 03

hey:D
tank had some red cyano on the sand bed again so i sucked it up, and will be rducing my feedings, and supplementing with more seaweed now.
btw, if youhave a reefcentral account plase click on Me!

peekaboo is the best, righttt..??? :makefun:

new reefer 03

sorry guys, i kindove lost interest lately :eek:

haha, i havent posted in like a month and when i click "NewPosts" this pops up

Hello new reefer 03 it looks like you haven't posted in a while. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Don't force me to whip you with a strand of caulerpa!

thats hilarious who ever made that! im gonna miss it, by posting this :(

new reefer 03

not much new with the tank, i got a coupe of zonthid frags from a local trade, and thats about it lol.
i also tried to only feed once every other day for a week, or two but my tangs MHLLE has gotten worse with minimal food (cyano came back too) so now im feeding the ammount i used to,and hoping i can get the tang all fixed up. everythign els is doing well. my anemone that everyone told me to get rid of cause it will die is doing great. it has fully browned up, and is a very dark brown color. i might take some pics and post em up every month or so, instead of every week. :D

lcstorc

Sounds like a plan.
Looking forward to the updated pics.
Keep in mind that quality is more important than quantity for the tang. Be sure to add vitamins and supplements to the food so you can be sure it is getting the nutrition it needs.
Meanwhile water changes should keep the nutrients in line.
Glad to hear the nem has it's color back. I would love to see pics of it. That is truly a pleasant suprise.