Recent content by Brien H

1. B

Blue Spotted Jawfish doing barrel rolls and loss of appetite. Help please :).

Yeah I definitely know things aren't looking great :(. All treatments performed were based on research with this fish, his state at the time of treatment , and doing what had worked for others. The only time he showed any signs of trouble was the day after a water change and prazi treatment...
  2. B

Thanks! I've tried to follow protocol and actually built my 180g tank based around having a BSJF in the future. Yes he has been through a lot of medication. The formalin was to treat for brook. I actually planned to treat him with formalin regardless seeing as BSJF are prone to it from...
  3. B

Thanks I sure hope so. I've invested quite a bit of time doing things right (or so I thought). I've been doing a 30-50% change every day with PH, temp, and salinity matched saltwater. I'll run some carbon and he has no signs of brook really. His color and spots are pretty bright all things...
  4. B

In December (12/01/12) I picked up a healthy looking Blue Spotted Jawfish. Upon acclimating him to my QT water he was given a fresh water bath as described on this forum, and then placed into the 10g QT with a charged filter pad from my DT. He was observed for a couple of weeks and ate like a...
  5. B

Live rock ranch???

I'm not sure about the issues with Marco listed above, but when I was setting up my 90g over a year ago, I emailed Marco several times to see about placing an order. No reply to any of my emails so I looked elseware. It did work out in the end however, because I found reefcleaners and John...
  6. B

Brs group buy - 04/05/11 - 04/11/11

Email Sent.
  7. B

the filter guys

+1. The filter guys are great! Prompt shipping, prompt replies to emails, and great service. I've had great luck with my RODI unit as well as several small orders for adaptors/refils etc.
  8. B

dry rock needed

That's who I used when setting up my 90. I actually emailed Marco and never heard back so looked elseware. What impressed me most about reefcleaners.org is that John replied to my emails nearly instantly. I know Marco has a great reputation, but I am more than pleased with all of my...
  9. B

Mixing shrimp species

I have a pistol/watchman goby, 3 peppermint shrimp, and 2 cleaners. The pistol/YWG stay to themselfs with the pistol rarely straying too far from his burrow entrance. The peppers/cleaners co-exist together fine and even share some of the same rocks for hiding spots. This is in a 90 so pretty...
  10. B

FS: 1/4" Square Clear Polypropylene Mesh for Screen Tops. Reasonable price.

Excellent seller. Great communication, fast shipping, and quality product.
  11. B

Frag RACK Mania

x2
  12. B

sump tank pics!!!

:). I think I went through about 4 on the sump build. In the pic one was mine and the other a friends who was helping out.
  13. B

sump tank pics!!!

Here are a couple of my 30g sump when I first built it. The fuge section now contains macros and some mangroves, as well as several 'pod condos'. skimmer section -> return section -> fuge
  14. B

Frag RACK Mania

Racks received and they look great. Thanks!
  15. B

Clear little bug creature with tentacles, day 5 in new Biocube 14

Tanner...I'd third that it is a small aiptasia. I've had a couple small ones show up in my fuge on the glass baffle. I don't have any peppers in my fuge, but I was able to use aiptasia-x on it...just very carefully. You kind of squirt a little bit onto it and it thinks it is food and closes...