Mixing shrimp species

marineaqua2036

So I have a tiger pistol/watchmen goby pair right now, I was wondering if I can get 2 or 3 peppermint shrimp? Would they bother each other? I am asuming if they did come into contact, the tiger pistol would kill them but just wondering if I could mix them?

savageajc

if pistol is big enough it will try and kill your peppermint. otherwise it should be fine. i have 2 cleaner shrimp with my goby/2 tiger pistol pair, my cleaners stay on the rocks and well pistol of course in the sand.

savageajc

if pistol is big enough it will try and kill your peppermint. otherwise it should be fine. i have 2 cleaner shrimp with my goby/2 tiger pistol pair, my cleaners stay on the rocks and well pistol of course in the sand. With my cleaners they seem to have stayed in the area i released them, as long as i keep them fed and happy they dont venture around too much

marineaqua2036

He is pretty big but never EVER comes out. So if I get a peppermint and a cleaner will they play nice? ( The peppermint and cleaner?)

1Reefer

Yes, I have peppermints and cleaners together... I would assume the tank would need to be 30 gallons or more to mix all 3 shrimps... IMO

Brien H

I have a pistol/watchman goby, 3 peppermint shrimp, and 2 cleaners. The pistol/YWG stay to themselfs with the pistol rarely straying too far from his burrow entrance. The peppers/cleaners co-exist together fine and even share some of the same rocks for hiding spots. This is in a 90 so pretty close to the same dimensions as your 75.