Recent content by Bjones

1. B

Monti question

It's green. I think I'll experiment a little making some frags of it. If they take I'll hit my LFS a some local swaps. The fragging exp. will be useful and if I get anything for em, bonus.
  2. B

Astrenia Stars

If I see 'em I take em out, better safe than sorry. I just want to make sure I'm not removing anything that is beneficial.
  3. B

Astrenia Stars

I'm looking for some input on astrenia stars. My web searches have turned up everything from "they're a valuable part of you cuc" to "beware they eat zoas". I have also been told they will eat coraline algae. Anyone out there have any experience with these critters good or bad?
  4. B

Monti question

I live in Southeast Michigan (Metro Detroit area). I'm pretty sure the LFS offer will be store credit. I'm pretty new to the SW game so I haven't been to any swaps yet. My set-up was stocked when I got it but I'd like to put a few things in to "make it my own". The Monti is about 8 inches...
  5. B

refractometer info/help

Not sure about the particular brand, but my understanding is that refactometers are more accurate than hydrometers.
  6. B

An Unexpected Journey

Your tank is looking really good, Cheers!
  7. B

Hi all

Welcome!
  8. B

Rock Flower Nems

I have 7 in my tank, had a couple starting to look distressed. One is looking much better now. I started target feeding them all once a day with a piece of New Light Spectrum fish food. One perked up the very next day the other one is still iffy. Only been a couple days, so I'm hoping it...
  9. B

Monti question

Thanks for the info. :crown:
  10. B

Monti question

I have a pretty good sized Monti in my tank. It's pretty brittle and from time to time pieces break off during maintenance. Can I safely just cull the unwanted plates and take to my LFS or do I need to do some kind of prep to ensure the frags would be viable?
  11. B

Rock Flower Nems

I have about 5 of theses in my tank. No crazy color combos, but still pretty cool looking. If you got one / some in your tank, post some pics. [/URL][/IMG]
  12. B

5 foot Bristle worm discovered in a 40g tank

wow in a 40g that's amazing
  13. B

My setup

Nice tank, my kids keep begging me to get a spiny, but They don't have to put their hands in the tank. :)
  14. B

Dory fish swimming sideways

Hope ur tang is doing better. Is it going in the 29g Biocube?
  15. B

What is ur specific gravity or salinity?

Glad I came across this thread, Had been runnig my at 27ppb. My Corals haven't shown any ill effects, but definitely want to raise it up to the recommended level. Should I accomplish this gradually through the WC process, or can I just add sea salt through my fuge?