Red Sea Max 500

Nowellsy SNR

Folks the latest I have is you won't see the Max S-500 until the summer late June early July in the UK I anticipate the roll out of the Max will be the same as the Reef Care Program, UK, Europe and then the US & Canada.

Again I will try my best to keep you posted.

Red Sea Kev

Thanks Kev any idea's on the price?

colaboy

I have the feeling that this will not be out before the end of the year. It's like developing software... :)

But than again: Better a delayed GOOD tank, than released to early with all kinds of starter problems....

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
OK folks, a quick update for you, still waiting on final lighting specification before releasing final spec's and price,these things do take time, colaboy you make some valid points, I am assured we will see the Max S-500 late summer.

Red Sea Kev

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor

Hi Anthony, I've been waiting for the responses to the above link, lets just put it this way and then you can draw your own conclusions, I've had correspondence from the Managing Director of Red Sea Group and a lot of the content of that post was news to him :nono:, we'd like to know where the information come from???? I suspect there will be one or two people who will have the privilege of announcing the launch dates and that's likely to be Steve H or myself, I would suggest ignoring any information like this unless it is confirmed as coming from Red Sea which in this case it wasn't.

I will as ever keep you posted.

Red Sea Kev

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
For prospective... here an interesting link... Red Sea Max 250 launching “later this year” for about $1499

Posted on September 10th, 2008

Red Sea’s Max 250 is expected to launch later this year. With 2008 only having about 3 more months left our bet is that it will launch before Christmas hits in December. Rumor has it that the US market should receive the third of fourth batch of Red Sea’s goodness. We finally nailed down specs on Red Sea’s Max 250 coming in at 234 watts of T5 linear lighting and 117 watts of Actinic lighting and 4 blue LEDs for that oh so loved moonlight. Water movement will be at 960 GPH via two pumps with adjustable direction outlets. Red Sea is also calling this a 65 gallon aquarium, not the 66 gallon aquarium as we previously posted. The price for all of this? $1499.

Update: Marine Depot has them for sale for $1629 and includes free shipping and the complete starter pack. You can purchase one here

SeattleReefGuy

Sorry if this was already asked and/or answered but will you guys have the RSM 500 at Sea-Max this summer? I'm going to be there and heard rumors that you will have the 500 there....I hope so! :fingerx:

tntman

The RSM 250 is way over priced in Aus! Most shops are quoting me $2800 for the tank and cabinet!!! I don't see where the extra 1200 we are paying for going to except to the greedy distributor (Pet Pacific)! If the Red Sea products are to survive then it should be heavily discounted in Aus!

byronredsea

TNTman I import from the USA and we can't Match the prices they have over there even with the dollar being stronger delivery and inport is over the top

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
bought my RSM 250 for $1,529.99 free shipping in USA

but that's another story... being this is the RSM 500 thread....

we are going to have to see what the RSM 500 price actually is... guesses have been from $3,500 US dollars to $6,500

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
The RSM 250 is way over priced in Aus! Most shops are quoting me $2800 for the tank and cabinet!!! I don't see where the extra 1200 we are paying for going to except to the greedy distributor (Pet Pacific)! If the Red Sea products are to survive then it should be heavily discounted in Aus!

This is where I got mine but it was around $200 cheaper then.
Aquariums / Fish tanks : The Reef Shop

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Folks, good to see the continued interest in Max S500, still no release date or price but this information will be available soon.

Red Sea Kev

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Thanks Kev... is "soon" like next within the 30 days or more like next 90 days?

Not bad numbers those lol, I would think the information will be available between 30 and 90 days, I will ask the question again today, what I can tell you is Red Sea Boffin's are absolutely flat out at the moment ready to bring the Max S-500 to market, I can't wait either to get my hands on mine!!

Red Sea Kev