Got a qt tank

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Does anyone know if there is any hope at all for his survival or should I just put him out of his misery.

It's difficult to tell. If the problem was ammonia toxicity then yes it's something you can correct but your parameters seem to be good so that's not the problem. There's also the possibility that the parasitic infection has spread to his gills and is causing difficulty in his breathing but you put him back in the display so there's really nothing you can do but to wait and see if he can pull through.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
ASH what is the temp of the tank. Also I would check for stray voltage in the tank these are a few more possibilities since the water checked out ok

lcstorc

How are things this morning?
I hope he improved some. Did you put him back in the qt or leave him in the display?

ASH

I put him back in the qt at about 7 last night. He just kept getting worse in the display tank. After I put him in the qt he calmed down.

He made it threw the night. He's still breathing hard but not sitting with his mouth open all the time like he was in the display tank. I'm going to the lfs to get something to put more air in the tank. and to get some water for wc.

lcstorc

Sounds like a plan. You can get an air pump pretty cheaply and he may just need the extra oxygen. I am very glad to hear he made it through the night. Hopefully he will eat for you today as well. That would be great news to report.

lcstorc

I will send him some positive thinking for you. :)
He does sound pretty stressed though so he may not eat today. Hopefully the extra oxygen will help and he will start feeling better after the water change.

ASH

So of course this air pump didn't come with any tubing. and of course that same lady didn't tell me. So now i'm looking around the house for something to use. I have a straw but it's not bendy. any suggestions.

lcstorc

I wish I did. I guess it is back to the lfs for some air-tube or a bubble wand. Usually you can get just an air line with an air stone on it.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Is there a Walmart, Petco or some other store that sells odds & ends in pet supplies? Our Walmart (similar to Target) has packages of airline.

Allen

ASH

I'm trying not to go to the store. So I just wanna rig up something quick cuz I gotta work at 3.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I can't think of anything that's reliable or usable as a substitute Ash.... did you anything to go on the other end of the tubing? Stone? bubble wand?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Is there a "Mart" type of store that sells simple pet supplies locally? Our K-mart and WalMart both sell prepackaged airline tubing for small tanks etc right in the store.

Good luck Ash!!

Allen :)

ASH

I went and got some tube....got that working....but now my pump (not the one i just bought) but the one that came with the aquarium is broke.....not working at all.......please let's let one more thing go wrong today..

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
**UPdate* she cleaned the HOB filter system and the impeller is again working. All is good in her tank for now :)

Allen