Coraljunkie's 54g Corner Reef

Coraljunkie

She's still only sticking her head out at night and she's not eating anything. I went ahead and dosed prazipro today just in case and hopefully within the next few days she comes out and eats

Oxylebius

Give her time. There have been some on the forum had fish dive into the sand and didn't show up until a month later. How the fish survived is anyone's guess. But it did. So don't give up on it. Try not to stress it out by bothering it too much (i.e. stop wagging you finger in front of it so that you can watch its eyes watch your finger move :p). Let it settle in. Keep us posted. good luck

Coraljunkie

So far the inside the tank hatchery is a good idea but you have to mod it for it to work properly, just dumped in eggs last night. The leopard wrasse came out yesterday morning before I got a chance to turn the lights on, she stayed out for maybe 5 minutes, she didn't move much and then before I could get some food out to her she went back into the sand. Last night I put some live rock into the tank and this morning she came out 10 minutes after I turned the light on and she was very curious. I tossed in some Hikari mysis but she didn't go for it. She swam around and in between everything for about 10 minutes and pecked at some stuff then back into the sand.

Oxylebius

This is a very nice chronicle of the wrasse in QT. For now I'd keep the lights on while she is out and over the next couple of weeks I'd also start to change the lighting (maybe an hour difference every ~4 days) to get her to acclimate to the timing of the lights that you have in the display tank.

Since you now have some live rock in there I'm assuming you aren't medicating. And since you aren't medicating, I'd suggest adding some pods. At least pods can keep her fed until you can transition her to other foods.

I used a product by Dr. Gs to deworm my wrasse. It worked well after I got her to eat it. It was really hard to get my wrasse to start to eat it. Once she did, I kept feeding her it as she transitioned from QT to DT. If your interested in how I fed Dr. Gs product ask. If not, no worries.

Coraljunkie

Definitely interested, everything you all have helped me with has worked so far. I did dose the tank prazipro on Wednesday. I never use copper on anything if I can help it but I do use seachem paraguard which I don't think I need to on this fish. Her stomach seems kind of fat I think...? Take a closer look if you don't mind, I'd appreciate what you thought. I turn the qt lights on an hour after the display lights kick on so she's already coming out at normal times just about, i'm hoping she stays out longer and longer each day to really check out the tank and hopefully eat. I'm gonna try garlic with Hikari and the baby brine shrimp should be hatching soon

Coraljunkie

I've read a ton about these fish and a lot of it contradicts itself, so it's great to come on here and get some good solid advice from you all and I've got a couple of guys local to me that are on here and the local forum that have been helping me it too.

Coraljunkie

Quick update on the wrasse. I was counting on seeing her out more often but I haven't seen a trace of her in 2 days.. is this normal? .

Last edited: