Sully's RSM Reefer 350

mtsully71

holy bat crap batman, I see everything on my apex, but.........the are all my last numbered outputs, do I really have to figure this out on my own, I know someone wants to come over drink some beverages and say "Watch this!" I guess I need to figure out how to see my ecotech stuff on the dashboard. I know some of you are laughing at me because you were there to once.....:couch:

mtsully71

So here I am finally......The good is I am up and running the APEX with the lights and vortech connected.

The bad is, I spent uber hours trying to figure out how to configure the dashboard and how to make everything turn on. I could see the stuff just could not get things to work. Alot of trial and mostly error and a ton of frustration. I read a ton of material and even sought help in the apex forum. Whats disappointing is most people assume its all technology related and not something truly simple.

Well here is the laymens term for those that have a new apex and ecotech equipment. NOTE: I could not find this simple advice anywhere on the net, know matter how hard I tried.

Your outlets (EB8) are numbered, once your apex finds the ecotech stuff you are going to see numbers 1-8 for outlets and you will also see the names of your vortech equipment. ALL you have to do on the main dashboard page is make sure your outlets (1,2,3 and 5) in my case, are all set to on. Then your ID'd vortech equipment on the dshaboard you also turn to on, your stuff comes on then you can slide your bar to auto.

Once you have done this you can go into the APEX wizard and play with your stuff.

I cannot tell you how &#^%$ off I was trying to figure this concept out and stumbled upon the solution by luck, I had things really messed up. I knew what needed to be done just didn"t know how to do it.

SO! I am GTG, I can set up my light and vortech schedule, looks easy as pie after the crap I just went through.

The rocks are getting some brown and I see some fuzzy stuff :cool:.

Have a good weekend and thanks for looking

Sully

Desmond

Glad to hear you got it setup correctly now. Technology can be a pain in the ass and it is usually something very simple that we miss. I had some issues with my reeflink but all is good now. I had allot of frustration myself with that one.
@StirCrayzy yes i think you are right. She loves the corals so she does. Always oooh i did not know you had that one :) As long as she does not ask the price i am ok lol

Desmond

Lol i got the shiny rock , she is planning the wedding now :-O there is no end to the madness and it just keeps getting more expensive. I may have to sell up and get goldfish if sshe robs all my money lol.

mtsully71

Still cycling, have no clue what water parameters are, but I'll let it cook another 2 weeks, then test. Further more, my wife watched Tanked and told me "I want this type of fish and she described it to me". So's I look it up based on the description. I says "really?" she's says order it :props:. The queen has spoken . Thank gosh I got it on sale and at least she has good taste :cool:....Never had one.

p-86343-jawfish.jpg

Last edited:

mtsully71

update for ya'll (my southern accent)

All the fish have arrived and I split into two groups in my other tanks. The new fish are eating well, thankfully the blue spot jawfish finally ate tonight. I am giving both Rods food and LRS a go, LRS first, fish are going crazy over it. Not much to report about tank cycling, Ill wait prob about 45 days and begin the migration over a month. My probes are finally in and the temp varies by about 1 degree each day and my PH is running between 8.04 and 8.08, so probes........:cool:. Now I know what you other nubs get all twitterpated about.

All I got left is wire management and programming the lights and vortech. Have a great weekend, I get to spend a full 10-12 hours in my yard tomorrow JOY :frown:

Lake on Sunday :celebrate: mmmmmmmm motor boatin

Kman237

Question for you and sorry if this has already been asked. Do you have to move the skimmer every time you pull the filter sock out to clean it?

I'm curious because I'm looking into buying the reefer or going the custom route.

mtsully71

Question for you and sorry if this has already been asked. Do you have to move the skimmer every time you pull the filter sock out to clean it?

I'm curious because I'm looking into buying the reefer or going the custom route.

No, my skimmer sits to the back of the sump. No problems as of yet :fingerscrossed:

mtsully71

Good evening good citizens of reeftopia, I bring you the almost cycled tank o_O

IMG_0274.jpg

Now if we were playing horse shoes or something, that might be considered a ringer, BUT I will wait until after the 4th and do my water change. Getting alot brown in my sand bed.

Other results salinty 1.024, temp running right near 78, PH hangs between 8.05 and 8.13 KH was 8ish :) and calcium was 420-430. All thats really left is who I am going to sacrifice first. I do have some nice inverts that would be perfect to take a swim next week :crab4:

IMG_0275.jpg

Thanks for looking have great weekend

mtsully71

The water test victims survived the long weekend. Tested tank on a few different snails and a crab. Last night I tested the H2O and no ammonia, a little nitrate so changed 20 gallons, back to 0. The time has come fellow reef dwellers :shark2: . :celebrate:

Ill probably change 10-15 gallons weekly for a bit, just in case.

Filled the canisters on the Dual BRS reactor and got that set. Few minor leakage problems with lines at the start, but its operating just like the youtube vids. New pics coming soon.

have a great week

Kman237

The water test victims survived the long weekend. Tested tank on a few different snails and a crab. Last night I tested the H2O and no ammonia, a little nitrate so changed 20 gallons, back to 0. The time has come fellow reef dwellers :shark2: . :celebrate:

Ill probably change 10-15 gallons weekly for a bit, just in case.

Filled the canisters on the Dual BRS reactor and got that set. Few minor leakage problems with lines at the start, but its operating just like the youtube vids. New pics coming soon.

have a great week

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the new photos.:bounce:

Last edited: