Lee's 125g Basement Bar in-wall tank, LED's, etc, begins...

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
So how are you liking your LEDs? I was kinda poking around their site and was curious about how you felt about them after some time to get "over the honeymoon" so to speak...

Lee

i love that rock setup that u have in the front did u make that urself or did u buy it like that ? i like the stack look it has little cave and all im sure u can find a small goby to call that home

Are you talking about the live rock or the stone on the wall outside the tank?

Lee

So how are you liking your LEDs? I was kinda poking around their site and was curious about how you felt about them after some time to get "over the honeymoon" so to speak...

Couldn't be happier. The LED's are real nice; they're easily as nice if not nicer than the CREE's (I have a small fixture with a half dozen CREE LED's).

The best part is really the simplicity of the whole system. The drivers, dimmers, and power supplies are just way simpler than the buckpuck system in my opinion, as is the heatsink, which again, is unbelievably simplistic yet extremely effective. And its all modular, so if you have a driver or heatsink fail, they are independent and very inexpensive.

They are brighter than any light fixture I've ever seen on an aquarium period. Visually, they appear significantly brighter than MH and even moreso than T5HO, which was what I had on my previous tank. I won't be taking PAR readings or anything but I'm confident putting just about anything in there, clams, SPS, etc.

dmatt88

Designer clowns r in vogue. :D

I personally wouldn't own a salty without a clown. Can't say id spend designer prices tho.....

.............I'm feeling salty.

sk8rdn

Couldn't be happier. The LED's are real nice; they're easily as nice if not nicer than the CREE's (I have a small fixture with a half dozen CREE LED's).

The best part is really the simplicity of the whole system. The drivers, dimmers, and power supplies are just way simpler than the buckpuck system in my opinion, as is the heatsink, which again, is unbelievably simplistic yet extremely effective. And its all modular, so if you have a driver or heatsink fail, they are independent and very inexpensive.

They are brighter than any light fixture I've ever seen on an aquarium period. Visually, they appear significantly brighter than MH and even moreso than T5HO, which was what I had on my previous tank. I won't be taking PAR readings or anything but I'm confident putting just about anything in there, clams, SPS, etc.

Very cool... Thanks man!

Lee

wsFe4h.jpg

dKfSJh.jpg

SCpHjh.jpg

2udaTh.jpg

pWpnRh.jpg

apvoGh.jpg

6SNZ8h.jpg

tp7z1h.jpg

xFmvwh.jpg

TfdzAh.jpg

TJgcLh.jpg

UKGVph.jpg

RELOi.jpg

sk8rdn

So jealous... I wish I had one...

Hell, I wish I had a basement...

....Secret Super Hero....

Choff

Speechless. Just tagged onto this build. Not sure there is anything more to say that what has already been said.

tommyboynj

It was great to follow this thread. You should be very proud. Some quality craftsmanship for sure. You did the whole project right. Really like the stone work around the tank. Bravo.

Blue Space

Incredibly gorgeous! And to top thing off you combined my two favorite hobbies. Drinking and Saltwater... never mix the two though :D

Awesomeness!!

Lee

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

I'll try to keep this thread updated as the aquarium gets new additions

Lee

I have a question about the rules for keeping mixed salt water. Can you do it? Does it go bad? I had about 15 gallons mixed in one of my 55 gallon drums and it kinda stunk