Lee's 125g Basement Bar in-wall tank, LED's, etc, begins...

GREYBOLT03

I have a question about the rules for keeping mixed salt water. Can you do it? Does it go bad? I had about 15 gallons mixed in one of my 55 gallon drums and it kinda stunk

There are so many different opinions on this subject it's hard to say but in my experience I keep 2-3 five gallon jugs of salt water stored for about 2 weeks in between water changes. And never had an issue

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
It depends in what was in the container. If he has any bacteria in it (say from back siphoning some dirty tank water?) it may smell kinda funky...

Clean water is ok to store, though, in a clean container. Preferably sealed so it doesn't evaporate and raise the salinity.

....Secret Super Hero....

Mike Johnson

Since I'm a general contractor/finish carpenter I can appreciate your craftsmanship. A lot of work went into this build.

And, I just read the entire thread, so I'm up to date.

Lee

Yeah it was a long road.

I'm excited for the next project. I'm going to general contract my next house. Looking for a good lot/land to build on.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Awesome Lee! I remember when you were just starting this build.

If you need someone to serve drinks, let me know. :crown: I think I could get used to just hanging out down there:bluenod:

Lee

Awesome Lee! I remember when you were just starting this build.

If you need someone to serve drinks, let me know. :crown: I think I could get used to just hanging out down there:bluenod:

Yeah I could use a full time bartender/fish tank maintainer. How are you with managing hair algae: :poof: