Lee's 125g Basement Bar in-wall tank, LED's, etc, begins...

Lee

Gorgeous !

can't wait to see it with livestock :dance: sooooooo pretty !!!

At present, there are the transfers from the old tank, 2 blue chromis and a coral beauty dwarf angel, and as of yesterday, I have a mature yellow tang (my old favorite) and a 6-line wrasse.

I'm going to hold off on corals for a little while... I need to get back into the habit of doing weekly water changes again. For the past year, I've had fewer than 5 small fish in the 90g at a time, so I got pretty lazy with water changes.

Lee

Can I keep two dwarf angel fish in a 125g tank? I have the Coral Beauty and would like to get another Flame Angel

SaltyChick

first off...amazing job! just spent 15 mins reading this thread start to finish. im so jealous.
second. yes you can have two dwarfs. as long as you put them in the new tank at exactly the same time so they find their territory. other wise the first angel will get aggresive with the new one.

Lee

first off...amazing job! just spent 15 mins reading this thread start to finish. im so jealous.
second. yes you can have two dwarfs. as long as you put them in the new tank at exactly the same time so they find their territory. other wise the first angel will get aggresive with the new one.

:ponder2:

Well my coral beauty has been in the tank for about a week... Do you think I've missed my chance to add another?

redneckgearhead

Can you catch the CB? If so pull it out and put it in another tank while you QT your other angel? By the time your other angel is done with qt your CB will have lost it's territory.

Lee

Can you catch the CB? If so pull it out and put it in another tank while you QT your other angel? By the time your other angel is done with qt your CB will have lost it's territory.

Haha, unlikely. Flash a net anywhere near the tank, and he's gone for the next 24 hours :)

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
You could try moving the rock around when your ready to add the flame angel.

While I say this is your best option, do realize that you are forcing ALL your fish to re-establish new territory. Some may pout more than others.

Lee

I had a flame angel for about 2 years. He died when we bought our house and moved. Its tough sitting in transition tanks.. Anyway I've had the CB angel for 3 years roughly and he's done very well. Extremely hardy

Incredible thread im in the middle of buying a house and you have my mind racing right now although I doubt mine could look anywhere near as good as yours does but one never knows im def following

Lee

If you dont mind asking how much did this entire project run you ?????

Aquarium alone or the whole bar area?

For the Aquarium, looking at $400 for the tank, $100 in sand, $700 in LED components (built the fixture and assembled the LED's), about $600 in LR, $300 for the skimmer, and about $150 in sump/plumbing. I already had an RODI filter, and I picked up two 55 gallon drums for about $30. Plus about a dozen Rio pumps at $45/each. Then I've got a $150 clean up crew, and so far, $200 in fish. All said and done, the aquarium set up was north of $3k. Granted, the stand was virtually free (built from 2x4 lumber)

If you're talking the whole bar area, I've got about $20-25k in materials, and so far I've done all the labor myself. And I built most everything from scratch; cabinetry, etc. The only thing I've had someone else do was cut and install the marble countertop. I would imagine that if I hired a contractor crew to build the bar area it would be somewhere in the $70k range, so I've probably saved around $50k by doing everything myself. And with that, I was able to do all high end materials; solid wood cabinetry, travertine floors, etc. That stuff REALLY racks up the bill if you have it built custom by someone else.

Wow thats amazing u def did a great job I already have a spot picked out in the basement for my tank that i will be building a wall around and making it a small fish room the rest will have to come with time im def gonna be following along ur thread right now im debating if I should set the tank that I already have back up which is a 210 but ill start my own thread for that dont wanna hijack urs hopefully u will be able to help me out along the way but u def have a fan !!!!!!!