Dave's RSM 500

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
nanoreefing4fun said:
For corals - the skimmer is rated up to 300 gals :) unless it's an all sps tank

Aquarium Protein Skimmers: Red Sea C-Skim 1800 Advanced Protein Skimmer

Most sites I've seen have it at 250 for corals, 300 for heavy stock and some 400 gallons for a light stock fish only. That's just too close to my DT size for my comfort. I'm guessing on about 400+ gallons total in my system and it may over stretch the skimmer.

....Broadcast in High Fidelity Stereo Sound where available....

ChrisY

Then get one like Juan's monster skimmer :) I think he has a Reef Octopus 8000 or something. I think I does about 1,500 gal of skimming goodness.

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
ChrisY said:
Then get one like Juan's monster skimmer :) I think he has a Reef Octopus 8000 or something. I think I does about 1,500 gal of skimming goodness.

I love his... I could also use it as my QT as well... Just don't have quite That much to spend on one....

....Broadcast in High Fidelity Stereo Sound where available....

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
No cleaning challenge is too big for "The David". :)
Yep - when it comes to a clean tank David will always be...THE TOP
banana.jpg
Cartoon-Man-Spring-Cleaning.jpg

David Shaw

Definitely no cleaning challenge is too big. OMG that picture even looks like me Terry. Give me a day with your tank and you wouldn't find a spot of coralline or algae. Even the fish would need sunglasses :)

jeffrey

David,
You have done an outstanding job with the tank. Are those large live rocks or smaller ones clumped together?
Also, have you attached the rock together or is free?
Am I to understand unless you put the skimmer on the sump floor it makes too much noise? I have a 400 on the way
and was hoping this model wouldn't have the noise problem with the skimmer.
Great pictures!

ChrisY

Welcome Jeffrey and congrats on your 400. I look forward to seeing the build. Please start a thread so we can all follow along!