The Bluespot Club

SeahorseBT

I just found out that a store 35 min from my work has one for $85 and say they have had him for 3 months or so. Someone on another forum has confirmed this. What do you guys think?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thought you'd like to see some recent pictures of Spotty! It's his first reef birthday :D
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif
balloons1.gif

DSC_0005-21.jpg
bday-009.gif

DSC_0045-4.jpg
<This picture won 5th place in the July Drs. Foster & Smith photo contest.

DSC_0039-2.jpg
bday-009.gif

DSC_0011-16.jpg
bday-009.gif

Sharing is a beautiful thing!

DSC_0019-4.jpg
bday-009.gif

Fighting off the brute! "Here's sand in your eye evil doer!"

SeahorseBT

thanks for sharing dentoid!happy birthday to spotty.

I am so excited. I can't beilive that the bsjf has been at the store for 3 months. It is a basement store so they must not get a lot of business but I guess this means he is healthy for sure. I haven't heard any bad things lately about them dying so maybe collection conditions and improving.

LSheldon

SeahorseBT, Cranky is still doing great. He went through a lot this week because the tank he was in started leaking water on Saturday. He now has a brand new home with an even deeper sandbed, in our new 65 gallon tank! :whstlr: He made the transition really well. I was so worried about him, but just a few days later, and it's as if nothing has ever happened. He built himself a new burrow and is still eating and cute as ever!

Dentoid, great pictures! Spotty looks great! Happy reef birthday!

SeahorseBT

thanks for sharing dentoid!happy birthday to spotty.

I am so excited. I can't beilive that the bsjf has been at the store for 3 months. It is a basement store so they must not get a lot of business but I guess this means he is healthy for sure. I haven't heard any bad things lately about them dying so maybe collection conditions and improving.

Basser1

:dance: Happy Birthday Spotty!!!! :dance: Long time no see!! Good to hear from you to Scott! Dont be a stranger here! Digger will have one soon, he's been with me 9 months now! BTW, I saw that photo on the Drs. web-site and when I saw it, I was like, HEY! I know that Blue Spot!! LOL! Congrats!

:thumber:

lcstorc

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPOTTY.
We have really missed you and your owner.
One year is awesome. I'll have to look back and see when I got Sunshine. It has been several months at least and she is still fat an happy.
I can't believe Spotty is sharing his burrow like that. What a nice bluespot. Give him an extra treat from me for being such a good fishy.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Thanks everyone for your kind replies!

I had a scare with Spotty recently. He moved and constructed a new burrow. Apparently during his new excavation something, I don't know what, got lodged in his mouth. It wasn't a hard object because I could see it moving as he panted. He was laying on his side on the bottom of the tank and his color was completely white. What ever it was may have been lodged in his gill chamber. I could see that he was in distress trying to dislodge the foreign object. Unfortunately, or fortunately however you want to look at it, I could not reach him. I went to bed that night feeling terrible. I got up early the next morning fearing the worst, looked in the tank and he popped his little head out of his burrow back to his normal self! He's a tough little guy with the will to live!

Basser1

Man talk about a helpless feeling! I'm glad he got rid of what ever it was. I know I've had a couple of scares with Digger! I think that once these fish are acclimated and doing well in their surroundings, I think these blue spots are not as fragile as a lot of people think.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks everyone for your kind replies!

I had a scare with Spotty recently. He moved and constructed a new burrow. Apparently during his new excavation something, I don't know what, got lodged in his mouth. It wasn't a hard object because I could see it moving as he panted. He was laying on his side on the bottom of the tank and his color was completely white. What ever it was may have been lodged in his gill chamber. I could see that he was in distress trying to dislodge the foreign object. Unfortunately, or fortunately however you want to look at it, I could not reach him. I went to bed that night feeling terrible. I got up early the next morning fearing the worst, looked in the tank and he popped his little head out of his burrow back to his normal self! He's a tough little guy with the will to live!

Wow! That IS helpless! So glad it ended on a POSITIVE note!!

good to see you buddy :) :wave: Hey Spotty :)

Basser1

Well don't you know it?? I told Digger about Spottys' birthday and the next thing I know, he disappears in his burrow and all of a sudden he pops out ready to PARTAAAAA!! Birthday hat and all!! I've often wondered what they keep down in there!

diggertw7.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Well don't you know it?? I told Digger about Spottys' birthday and the next thing I know, he disappears in his burrow and all of a sudden he pops out ready to PARTAAAAA!! Birthday hat and all!! I've often wondered what they keep down in there!

diggertw7.jpg

:LOL: That's too funny :)