The Bluespot Club

lcstorc

Is the Mrs showing any sign of being interrested?
I would be watching the tank constantly particularly right after the lights go off. From the little info I can find it seems like that is the most likely time for such activity.

bluespotjawfish

I was moving rocks around in the tank this morning when the VHOs were on. I looked down and there he was, like don't mess with my Misses. The rocks were right over the top of the Misses. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. The Misses is just acting normal, other than she is moving a large zoa rock into her place - grrr.

Basser1

Alright Lorraine!!! I'm so glad for you, hopefully it's only a matter of time now. You do know I'm taking credit for this since I posted the pic of a male in breeding colors? Must have gotten him in the mood!

BTW, I'm stating here and now, that if you rear any offspring, I get first dibs!!!!

bluespotjawfish

Ok, but I won't ship them!

I guess you guys want me to start reading? I can't imagine that I would be successful raising any, especially with them in a tank with other fishies.

If they have babies and I kill them I will feel horrible!

lcstorc

You need to start a grow out tank. I doubt they would survive in the reef and when he is holding eggs you know you are going to have to try.

bluespotjawfish

They have been swapping holes and he has gone a few days in the past without eating. He has also been more territorial with the other fish, so I wonder if they have had them before and I didn't notice.

bluespotjawfish

The 125 would need be their grow out tank. All the other fish would have to go away!

That would be too cool to have a bunch of little bluespots darting in and out of holes in the bottom of the 125~!

LSheldon

BJ is in the mood! :heart: Congrats! You know you have a happy bluespot when he's ready to make babies in your tank!

Oh, and if you do get fry to a sellable place, I want one too. :cool: I don't care if you won't ship - I'd drive to the end of the earth for a tank raised BSJF!

Basser1

BJ is in the mood! :heart: Congrats! You know you have a happy bluespot when he's ready to make babies in your tank!

Oh, and if you do get fry to a sellable place, I want one too. :cool: I don't care if you won't ship - I'd drive to the end of the earth for a tank raised BSJF!

Maybe a group buy in the future for us loyal BSJF members??

Basser1

They have been swapping holes and he has gone a few days in the past without eating. He has also been more territorial with the other fish, so I wonder if they have had them before and I didn't notice.

I used to keep african cichlids and they are also mouthbreeders. When they are carrying eggs you can tell by their lower jaw is extended. Next time he goes on the not eating cycle, maybe keep an eye on any changes in his jaw?

bluespotjawfish

I think I could tell if he was holding babies, I just wasn't paying any attention at the time. I was just worried that he wasn't eating!

Group buy sounds fun! We could all meet in Salt Lake for a BSJF party? You could even pick out your own!

SeahorseBT

hey Lsheldon how's ur BSJF doing?you have had him for like 2 weeks now right?reefhotspot still has a some. Very tempting....