The Bluespot Club

lcstorc

OMG!
I did have a purple firefish and a barnacle blenney disapperar from Sunshine's tank. Frank blamed her for the blenney but I defended her. Now I am beginning to wonder.
Oh well, she is queen of the tank anyway. I will just have to be careful about who I put in with her.

LSheldon

That is pretty dumb, but I guess you gotta do whatever it takes... Good luck and I hope you get him soon... Cranky will send you positive thought waves. :rolleyes:

Basser1

Hey All BlueSpot Jawfish Owners.......... Check This Out!!!!

Tonight I was on RC and someone started a thread, "Will he choke?" Well, when I clicked on it I was totally shocked to see a pic of one of our beloved bluespots with a a tail of a firefish sticking out of its' mouth! Incredible!!!

Here's a link with pics:

Reef Central Online Community - Will he choke?

Hey gang, Here's a sequel to the "Will he choke?" thread above. It's titled "Will he choke Part 2?" This doesn't involve a bluespot, but it's still pretty strange.

Here's a link:

Reef Central Online Community - Most AMAZING thing I've witnessed in hobby (PIC)

LSheldon

Now I'm getting a little nervous. Cranky moved burrows yesterday to the other side of the tank. He was very busy all day digging. That was the last I saw of him. He is nowhere to be found. My watchman goby is in his old hole and my emerald crab is in his new one. Cranky didn't come out to eat this morning, which has never happened before. We're pretty much at the one month mark since I got him. Everybody keep your fingers crossed that he'll poke his little head out later!

bluespotjawfish

Sounds like he probably had a rough day! I think if anything happened, he lost a battle or two. He may just be hiding for a bit or found another new place that you can't see. Hope he comes back.

bratyboy2

oh i so want one of these little guys....they are like 100-200 dollars here in ohio...can anyone get me one cheap and ship the bugger to me? :cry1:

any words of wisdoms for my future tankmate?

lcstorc

Check Diver's Den.
Not a lot cheaper once you factor in shipping but they are well known for healthy fish.

Last edited:

lcstorc

I have no idea, but I do know one of the most difficult things with these fish is getting one that is healthy and eating in the beginning. Many are aquired very skinny and in poor health and they almost never make it.

LSheldon

Well, I have bad news... I think I'm out of the club. :tears: This is day three of Cranky being MIA. I checked the overflow box, sump, outlets, and all around the tank. Cranky, who has never missed a meal, has now missed three days of meals! I just saw a HUGE worm come out of the burrow he was building before he disappeared. The worm was at least 3 inches long, and as thick as my pinky. He devoured a really big piece of scallop in one bite, and went back to the burrow. I have a feeling that Cranky is no more... He will be missed greatly.

If I do get another one, it might be worth it to pay the absurd price at my LFS. That way I can have them hold one for me for a long time to see if it makes it for a while before I bring it home. I'm going to talk to the guy tonight and if he's willing to do it, I'm going worm hunting!

lcstorc

I'm so sorry about Cranky.
Make sure you get something official from the LFS about holding the fish. Mine sold one out from under me even after I offered to pay up front.

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
ok put me back in the club. I got one for my solana. I went to the fish farms yesterday and i havd picked him out of the 6 that were there. He was the smallest. Well during acclimation he was fine. I placed him in the tank gently and he swam away like nothig happened. I normally fed the tank and he came out gobbling up everything he could get his mouth on. I was amazed to see him eat just seconds after introduction, but it wasnt intended to feed him. Today he is swimming in the front open cave....i think he's hungry. I have no name for him/her but its coming. I'm gonna let the wife name this one. pics in a few

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
here's pics:
bluespot002.jpg

bluespot004.jpg

bluespot010.jpg

bluespot012.jpg