Lets see your favorite tang!

AJinNY

Hey Chad...youre not bringing us down. You had a problem an just wanted to try to find an answer to it....nothing wrong with that at all...and besides u could wind up helping someone in the future that comes across a similar problem.

mps9506

Chad,
my kole died when he got stuff stuck in his mouth. Seems the algae bloom I had in my tank was extra sticky I guess and he got a clump stuck in his teeth/mouth.
I didn't really notice for about a day, then considered using some needlenose pliers or something to remove it. It did come undone by itself by the next day, but then he subsequently got another clump stuck in his mouth which ultimately killed him.
It was sad.

sixxer

My Favorite Topic! Tangs (and Large Angels)

Here are a couple of mine #1 My Vlimangi running from the Emporor!
MVC-036S.jpg

#2 Vlimangi Solo
MVC-016S.jpg

#3 Tenneti Tang (kind of blurry)
MVC-021S.jpg

#4 Achilles, Yellow, and others feeding
MVC-030S.jpg

angnak

Thanks Maxx, I noticed my orange shoulder going crazy the other day and I was like OMG he's gonna die. Wait I know Fishy CPR!!! :bigbounce :smoking: That is very interesting stuff.

How big is your tank sixxer?

ReefLady

Staff member
Welcome to RS Sixxer!

Here's my only tang, so by default my favorite... hehe. He seems to like Green Star Polyps though.

3sailtang1-6.jpg

sixxer

Thanks for the warm Welcome.

My current tank is a 300 gallon 96x24x30. New tank (under constuction) approx 1447 gallons.

I will try and dig up some more photos!!!!

Great looking Tangs everyone has!!!!

ReefLady

Staff member
Whoa, Sixxer... we need LOTS of pics!

Make sure you start a thread (or one for each) in "Reef Chronicles" Here

If there's hair algae in the GSP then the sailfin has decided to eradicate it completely, along with the GSP... huge bald spot.

Good news is, I don't really want the GSP in that tank anyway. I'll keep them isolated to the prop tank, thank you. ;)

I had a big sailfin that got an appetite for zoanthids. It started when a dying colony came in from an order an he pecked at the dying polyps but before you know it he started eating healthy ones too:0 Needless to say he had to go back to the LFS. Funny thing is he was fine for a year before that incident then those green island zoas came in and he changed.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
sixxer said:
Thanks for the warm Welcome.
My current tank is a 300 gallon 96x24x30. New tank (under constuction) approx 1447 gallons.I will try and dig up some more photos!!!!
Great looking Tangs everyone has!!!!

1447 gallons!?!? :columbo: :drooool:

Gina

RS STAFF
Beautiful Tangs everyone! Wish I could have one but, our tank for now is only a 46g.
Don't want the police comin at me!