Lets see your favorite tang!

mps9506

sixxer said:
Thanks for the warm Welcome.

My current tank is a 300 gallon 96x24x30. New tank (under constuction) approx 1447 gallons.

I will try and dig up some more photos!!!!

Great looking Tangs everyone has!!!!

ummm, so you old tank is probably the size of my bathroom, and your new tank will probably be the size of my living room...
The question I'm getting at is, can I move in with ya?
I'll even bring some frags over :D

sixxer

mps9506 said:
ummm, so you old tank is probably the size of my bathroom, and your new tank will probably be the size of my living room...
The question I'm getting at is, can I move in with ya?
I'll even bring some frags over :D

LOL!!!! Luckily I have a very understanding wife!!!!

P.S. - I grew up in Morehead City NC, just north of you, my best friend attended UNC Wilmington, I visited quite a few times, lovely area!!!!

Tarasco

anyone know what species this is?
3tangchow-med.jpg

mps9506

sixxer said:
LOL!!!! Luckily I have a very understanding wife!!!!

P.S. - I grew up in Morehead City NC, just north of you, my best friend attended UNC Wilmington, I visited quite a few times, lovely area!!!!

Small world... I graduated with a BS in bio a year ago. Still hanging around in the area, really hard to leave the surf, the girls and the bars. I'll drag myself away at some point though.

angnak

That is a gorgeous tang. He probably would not get along with my orange shoulder. :( oh well maybe when I get my 800gal. Or my 1447 like sixxer. LOL My wife would make me live in there if I even suggested getting a tank that big, since we don't have a dog house. Does anyone know about captivity with that tang?

Craig Manoukian

At about 20" at maturity and knowing the prolific swim patterns of tangs a 300 gallon or better would be suited for that beautiful Eyestripped Surgeon fish. An algeavore, would be considered reef safe.

Tarasco

What about this one? Sorry, don't remember who took the picture. I just remember thinking it was cool.

Attachments

• tang1_std[2].jpg
    tang1_std[2].jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 34