Fish & Reef Obsession

Fish Crazy

Ok so we are loosing lots of water to evap everyday - about 5 gallons is this normal for this size tank? I have 2 fans in the sump blowing and use LED lights and there is a ceiling fan in the room so lots of air flow to dispense heat

Fish Crazy

Do you have an auto top off? Is the blue throat nipping or just harrassing the leather?

Tank looks good!

I don't have an auto top off but that will be the next additiona

I think that "Fred" is just harrassing me not the leather, I put the leather on a new rock and it has been left alone but everytime I do anything in the tank Fred tried to ram me - isn't there some saying about the hand that feedsyou:cool:

nikkipigtails

You new additions look great! We're losing about 7 gallons a day to evap in our system but we use a chiller instead of fans. The more fans you have on the water, the faster it will evaporate. We learned that lesson from the back tank.

Stacef

Tagging along. Looks amazing!!!!!!!!

One question though. I may be wrong, and can't tell from the pics, but shouldn't sun coral be more shaded?? I am not trying to pick at your tank and I know Jack knows what he's doing also. Just wondering. Mine seems to only be happy in a cave.

Stacef

Sorry just wanted to make sure before it was too late! Thanks for pointing that out Craig!

Fish Crazy

You new additions look great! We're losing about 7 gallons a day to evap in our system but we use a chiller instead of fans. The more fans you have on the water, the faster it will evaporate. We learned that lesson from the back tank.

Good to know - we don't have a chiller because we have not wanted to spend the money on a chiller or pay the additional electric bill since energy cost are very high in good ole california

rlcline76

I'm here to help with that LR breeding problem you have.
I want to say that your tank looks outstanding!
That being said, I do see a very healthy mix of male and female rock...I don't know why you do not have any pebble action going on. lol

Fish Crazy

Tagging along. Looks amazing!!!!!!!!

One question though. I may be wrong, and can't tell from the pics, but shouldn't sun coral be more shaded?? I am not trying to pick at your tank and I know Jack knows what he's doing also. Just wondering. Mine seems to only be happy in a cave.

Well I can't blame Jack for this one since I have had this coral for a couple of years - I have had it in various places in the tank - shady - sunny - caves - etc and it seems to like it in the semi sunny shady area the big factor is making sure I feed it each day - I'm keeping a close eye on it and may have to move it since the tank is newly set up I'm still trying to figure out where each piece is happy

Fish Crazy

That being said, I do see a very healthy mix of male and female rock...I don't know why you do not have any pebble action going on. lol

I'm glad to know that I have a good mix of M to F rock - so I guess I can cancell my order of female rock from Fred and Barney's rock emporium
:dance:

Tonz of fun

Becky you are so bad.

Very nice tank guys. It looks like Tonz of Fun.

plecosword

Stop it

Fish Crazy

Just checked and no new pebbles

I have been using two fishes epoxy to attach stuff and it is a pain to work with does anyone have better products they use

Fish Crazy

So after the sun coral discussion yesterday I did some reading last night in Aquarium Corals by Eric H. Borneman and looked at natural location as well as capative care and found that they are commonly found at the entrance to caves and under overhangs but may even be found in direct sunlight.

So I felt better, but will continue to watch the little guy to make sure he is healthy.

By the way this book has been great for reference