Fish & Reef Obsession

nikkipigtails

Good luck finding him. We thought Mr. Smith jumped ship and became cat food but, luckily, I found him in the sump when I turned the light on that night.

Techno-Vicki

Well we seem to have misplace a fish - our Yellow Wrasse is either hiding very well or met an untimely departure - it has been over a week and I'm keeping my fingers crossed

I consider my yellow corris wrasse my most important fish in my tank! Because I am always going to have a mixed reef (SPS, LPS, softies), the yellow corris wrasse is my most important fish for the health of my tank. I have lost may corals before I learned that very valuable lesson. It is a natural preditor that deals with most 'bug' issues. If you like to spend a lot of time and money on chemicals, go for it (not talking to you girls specificly), in ohter words, never have a reef without a yellow corris is my final statement. I always replace them if they - jump, are eaten, or what ever. Yellow corris, means healthy corals (if all else in in line - flow, light, levels).

Fish Crazy

We also have a dragon Wrasse and he was chasing the yellow corris so we think "Lemon Head" was not getting enough to eat and went hiding. We are trying to decide if we need to make a decision about the Dragon Wrasse he has almost all of his full fins developed and is awesome but is creating some issues

Hopefully Lemonhead will pop up I miss him

Fish Crazy

Blastomussa

I was playing around with the camera and here is a top down shot of the Blastomussa - our camera is not very good just a simple HP Photosmart M527 but it will do for now

Blasto.jpg

Fish Crazy

GREAT NEWS Lemon Head has come out of hiding I ws so excited when Lynn called me at work yesterday. Here is a pic of him, the clowns and a few corals

Yellow_Wrasse.JPG

Fish Crazy

The photos of the tank today are with the LED's set at 40% for the Whites and 100% for the blues - reducing the whites has made the colors really pop

Fish Crazy

Thanks everyone - it's coming along - Lynn is playing around with the video camera so hopefully there will be video in the near future

Fish Crazy

Re: Blastomussa

I was playing around with the camera and here is a top down shot of the Blastomussa - our camera is not very good just a simple HP Photosmart M527 but it will do for now

I think I moved the pictures and it is not showing so I"m trying again

Blasto.jpg

Fish Crazy

8/04/08 Tank
SG 1.025
pH 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Phosphate .01
Calcium 380

Going to pick up a Copper Banded Butterfly from Jack I'll post pics later (I hope it likes apitasia :)

Fish Crazy

So the trip to Aquatic Agression (Jack's) resulted in a Cooper Banded Butterfly, a Maxi Clam, and a Naso Tang all the new kids are in the tank and doing well pictures tomorrow

Fish Crazy

Hope th CBB doesn't nip your clam!

Good point I forgot they may nip clams I'll keep a watchout for now he will be very busy since I have an explosion of glass anemone and the clam is in front of the home of the blue jaw triggers and anytime someone gets too close they run it off so I maybe ok - time will tell:smck: